Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dominique Hawkins = Darius Miller?

Featured Replies

I'd compare Hawkins more to Shelvin Mack, who proved his worth while at Butler. Dominique has a great attitude and work ethic and will succeed wherever he goes. Alabama watched him play last week, so there is some SEC interest. Also heard Pitino has been talking to him.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say he missed out on Anthony Hickey. He would be solid here for four years.

They have their in state recruit next year from Bullitt East!

 

I saw him play at the Gateway Classic. Glad I saw him play, probably the last time I will have the chance.

Like it or not, Darius is playing in the NBA and was or nearly was the 6th man last year.

 

He had very big key moments all during the season.

 

Also, we now know just how special last years group really was.

  • Author

I like the Shelvin Mack comparison. Hawkins just gets the job done. Obviously, Davis and MKG made the team, my argument is that you need guys like Darius...Hawkins is just that! Willis is not tough enough to be that. He is an unbelievable HS player (so was Hood) but will get pushed around in college. I also think he will struggle to play defense at Calipari's level. If I'm not mistaken Bullitt East is a zone team. Say what u want, it makes a difference. Madison Central plays man.

I like the Shelvin Mack comparison. Hawkins just gets the job done. Obviously, Davis and MKG made the team, my argument is that you need guys like Darius...Hawkins is just that! Willis is not tough enough to be that. He is an unbelievable HS player (so was Hood) but will get pushed around in college. I also think he will struggle to play defense at Calipari's level. If I'm not mistaken Bullitt East is a zone team. Say what u want, it makes a difference. Madison Central plays man.

 

And my point is Miller didn't figure that role out until surrounded by Davis and MKG. Much easier to make a few big plays here and there when the opponent is focusing on the #1 and #2 pick in the draft. He could have filled the same role the two years prior, but instead had UK fans wondering if he'd ever figure it out instead.

 

Look, I like Hawkins a lot and think he is a solid mid plus recruit. Why not let him find his own level based on the options available and not start placing off the wall expectations where they don't belong???

  • Author
And my point is Miller didn't figure that role out until surrounded by Davis and MKG. Much easier to make a few big plays here and there when the opponent is focusing on the #1 and #2 pick in the draft. He could have filled the same role the two years prior, but instead had UK fans wondering if he'd ever figure it out instead.

 

Look, I like Hawkins a lot and think he is a solid mid plus recruit. Why not let him find his own level based on the options available and not start placing off the wall expectations where they don't belong???[/QUOTE]

 

You must not have read the previous posts where they were saying Alabama and Pitino were "kicking the tires." If I'm not mistaken Louisville beat UK this year. Maybe these expectations are too low at the current time.

You must not have read the previous posts where they were saying Alabama and Pitino were "kicking the tires." If I'm not mistaken Louisville beat UK this year. Maybe these expectations are too low at the current time.

 

:ohbrother:

And my point is Miller didn't figure that role out until surrounded by Davis and MKG. Much easier to make a few big plays here and there when the opponent is focusing on the #1 and #2 pick in the draft. He could have filled the same role the two years prior, but instead had UK fans wondering if he'd ever figure it out instead.

 

Look, I like Hawkins a lot and think he is a solid mid plus recruit. Why not let him find his own level based on the options available and not start placing off the wall expectations where they don't belong???[/QUOTE]

 

You must not have read the previous posts where they were saying Alabama and Pitino were "kicking the tires." If I'm not mistaken Louisville beat UK this year. Maybe these expectations are too low at the current time.

 

:clap: hahaha, to say that Louisville is a higher national expectation is absurd. There are 5 schools (traditionally) that any great HS player would want to play and you typically see it in recruiting. They are Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, and Indiana. Not to say a UCLA, Syracuse, or even a Louisville couldn't slip in there sometimes, but when you look at the TOP level recruits, they almost always have at least 3 of the aforementioned top 5 in their final list.

 

Kentucky has 5 of the top 25/30 kids signed for next year and 6 in the top 100. That's with Wiggins and/or Randle still on the hook.

 

I've never seen the Hawkins kid play, and I'm sure he's really good, but to be in that class, you better be top 40 or 50 at this point. This is shaping up to be one of the best recruiting classes in the history of college basketball (all before a season is even played, of course).

  • Author

Haha...I'm a home grown Ky boy, I completely understand where you're coming from and understand Louisville isn't anywhere close to UKs prestige. I'm just interested in UK getting 3/4-year guys that will stabilize the transition from year to year. That's all I'm saying.

 

To be honest I'm just kinda frustrated with this years UK team. I just thought a guy like Hawkins would be refreshing (I would take another MKG or Davis instead of course).

 

Don't you think that would be a need? Especially with this years chance of maybe not even making the tourney (no Noel makes it a real possibility). I think Miller would have been an asset with this group.

Hawkins just gets the job done.

That is in a nutshell. Dominique gets the job done ! He can drive, shoot, free throws almost automatic, solid D, rarely fouls, and and when they need a bucket, he finds a way. Great kid too. You'll never see him strut around and celebrate, he makes a play and gets back to the other end ready. No way I'd let him get away. UK needs somebody like Dominique. What he gives up in size he makes up for in ability. He jumps like he's 6'5" !

UK could sure use Hickey this year imo. I'd rather have him running the show than Harrow.

I still say he missed out on Anthony Hickey. He would be solid here for four years.

 

Kid might have been good in blue and white, but I bet he woudln't have liked playing behind Teague last year and behind a freshman his junior year (Harrison). Who knows his senior year. Yes, I'd like to have him this year, but I don't think he woudl have been happy his other three. I think it all worked out just fine for Cal and the Cats and he didn't miss out.

It is kind of ironic the comparison is being made to Shelvin Mack and he left Butler after his Sophomore season for the NBA.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.