Oldest Gym in NKY

We're going to be at CovCath tonight and thinking about the gym there, nothing has changed since I played there in the 80's. Who has the oldest gym now in NKY. I know NewCath is the same, Highlands & Bellevue too, but which gym is the oldest.

What do you like about them ........or dislike

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're going to be at CovCath tonight and thinking about the gym there, nothing has changed since I played there in the 80's. Who has the oldest gym now in NKY. I know NewCath is the same, Highlands & Bellevue too, but which gym is the oldest.

What do you like about them ........or dislike

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Ludlow

Has to be either Holmes, CCH or NCC.

Not Holmes. They played in a cracker box until the new facility was opened in 1967. Ludlow has an old gym in their school so I would imagine the one they use now was probably built in the 60's or early 70's. NewCath and CovCath date back to at least the 50's. How about Bellevue? When was Ben Flora opened?

I don't know about the oldest, but Highlands has to be the worst. Lack of space, air, or seats keeps me from attending games regularly. Last game I was at was against Cov Cath and the floor was wet because of how packed and hot the gym was with sweaty people. It was terrible. I hope that's coming up soon on the phases of remodeling. In my opinion it is more in need of replacement the the money they sank into that Performing Arts Center. But I don't appreciate art nearly as much as sports.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Ludlow

Ludlows gym opened in about 1970 and the locals still call it the "New Gym" for some reason. Even though the gym has been around for quite a while it is one the most well maintained gyms around and the addition of A/C several Lyears ago was an added plus.

Ludlows gym is not as old as CCH, NCC, Holmes or Highlands.