Best Coach in NKY?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this season, I am most impressed with Steve Hart-Ludlow and Boone's Coach McQueary.

Coach Hart because he has made his team into a dreaded unpredictable that you hope you don't play again.

Coach McQueary because several teams went in and thought they would beat his young Rebels and McQ coached to the win.

Edited by hoops5

Did you happen to look at the talent level of both in those years? Do you remember the upset Brossart had over CCHS in the Districts in the 08-09 season? After CCHS had won by around 20 in the regular season, Brossart upset them in the Districts.

Am not disagreeing with you completely. Both are fantastic coaches and the more good coaches you put on a staff, the better you will be. Just felt as if you were taking some of Mike's credibility away. Scott is great and I am sure will make a great varsity coach again someday.

Head Coaches are at their best when surrounded by outstanding assistants. It wasn't a shot at Mike, nor his coaching abilities. I saw with my own eyes the 2009 "upset" and Campbell was atrocious that night. Brossart played well and Campbell couldn't hit the broad side of the barn if it was two feet away. Obviously that happens when young people are put into pressure situations.

Sm Elsbernd from Scott also has a great future. If i am not mistaken he was a part of the Holmes state championship team.

He was. And then joined the navy because he wanted to use the gi bill to finish school, he is enrolled now at NKU. Talked to him the other day, he is really enjoying Scott. Crazy thing is sam was 19 when he started at Holmes with the freshman team and doing most of there scouting for them.