Best Coach in NKY?

Joined in 2010 but congrats on your first post.

Not sure I'd wait 2 years to make my first post to say Brannen is one of the best coaches in NKY. Several are better than him. Don't get me wrong, solid coach, does do a great job with X's and O's and just hauled in an All A state Championship.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was. And then joined the navy because he wanted to use the gi bill to finish school, he is enrolled now at NKU. Talked to him the other day, he is really enjoying Scott. Crazy thing is sam was 19 when he started at Holmes with the freshman team and doing most of there scouting for them.

He has a long great future ahead. Is there anyway he will be the head coach at Scott in the future?

He has a long great future ahead. Is there anyway he will be the head coach at Scott in the future?

I know from talking to him he has a couple years of school left and he likes coaching at the school. Seems to relate to the kids there. So it may be possible, like most coaches he wants to be a head coach one day.

Most under-rated is Jim Hicks @Conner

I disagree. He is a solid coach, as he has done some solid things in Hebron, but how is he underrated?? He had quite a bit of talent from that 2011 class and that team never got it done. I guess you could put it on the execution of the players, but then what are we talking about best coaches for?

I disagree. He is a solid coach, as he has done some solid things in Hebron, but how is he underrated?? He had quite a bit of talent from that 2011 class and that team never got it done. I guess you could put it on the execution of the players, but then what are we talking about best coaches for?

Hick's doesn't win the big games when they count.

Didn't Carr win like three district titles in a row? He's made 10th semis a few times over the last few years while the 10th has had some really good teams.

Very good coach.

I agree he is a very good coach, but winning a district-big deal.....and very good coach is a distance from the best coach.........subject of the thread.

Time to win the region if you ask me.

I agree he is a very good coach, but winning a district-big deal.....and very good coach is a distance from the best coach.........subject of the thread.

Time to win the region if you ask me.

A lot easier said than done. Especially when over the past five years he's had to beat Darius Miller, Preston Knowles, Robbie Stenzel and Vinny Zollo etc.

I don't think he's the best coach in NKY, but he's gotta be in the conversation. He gets kids to play his style, and regardless of talen, he gets them to perform. I'd go with Code or Brannen. Neither of which have won a regional title either.

Who would you go with?

A lot easier said than done. Especially when over the past five years he's had to beat Darius Miller, Preston Knowles, Robbie Stenzel and Vinny Zollo etc.

I don't think he's the best coach in NKY, but he's gotta be in the conversation. He gets kids to play his style, and regardless of talen, he gets them to perform. I'd go with Code or Brannen. Neither of which have won a regional title either.

Who would you go with?

I think we are in similar canoes....I think Carr is very good and yes that region has been tough, but conversly his district has not been overwhelming.

I think Booher at Holmes is solid-no region titles here, but a state crown. I also think McQueary at Boone is vastly underrated. I totally agree with Brannen and Code and I would throw Faust of St. Henry in there too. (Although he has had either a real rough drought or lack of talent coming through as of late.)