Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight has lost it

Featured Replies

It's apparent he doesn't put in the time necessary to be a capable play-by-play guy. Even Jimmy Dykes (God love him) spends time watching film & breaking down game tape. He knows players' tendencies, strengths & weaknesses (or at least tries to learn). On the other hand, Bob Knight only talks about "the big white kid" and shot fakes.

 

I felt bad for him during the Kentucky / Vandy game. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

It's apparent he doesn't put in the time necessary to be a capable play-by-play guy. Even Jimmy Dykes (God love him) spends time watching film & breaking down game tape. He knows players' tendencies, strengths & weaknesses (or at least tries to learn). On the other hand, Bob Knight only talks about "the big white kid" and shot fakes.

 

I felt bad for him during the Kentucky / Vandy game. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

I think that is a big issue as well. I can see Knight refusing to prepare properly.
  • Author
It's apparent he doesn't put in the time necessary to be a capable play-by-play guy. Even Jimmy Dykes (God love him) spends time watching film & breaking down game tape. He knows players' tendencies, strengths & weaknesses (or at least tries to learn). On the other hand, Bob Knight only talks about "the big white kid" and shot fakes.

 

I felt bad for him during the Kentucky / Vandy game. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

 

I honestly hadn't thought about this at all, but as was pointed out time and situation seemed lost on him the entire game and I just don't see how someone who knows basketball couldn't remember the score was tied or team A has a 2 point lead or whatever.

Last night he got mixed up, thinking that there were going to be free throws after a player possession foul, if I recall correctly.

I actually think he's a great commentator. He KNOWS basketball and talks about the game in front of him and the strategy/techniques of the game. As a person I'm no fan, and its sad to see him obviously starting to go downhill.

I actually think he's a great commentator. He KNOWS basketball and talks about the game in front of him and the strategy/techniques of the game. As a person I'm no fan, and its sad to see him obviously starting to go downhill.

 

I wish you were right...

He either has dementia, he's hammered, or unprepared. Maybe all of them.

Bob Knight has always been a terrible commentator. Probably because he is such a jerk.

 

In the UK game last week, he didn't know the difference between the game clock and the shot clock. Last night he kept saying "If Ole Miss can get a two point lead here ------" when they were leading by two already. His partner had to intervien.

I think that is a big issue as well. I can see Knight refusing to prepare properly.

 

The sad part is that he used to not be that way. Cawood Ledford even noted in his autobiography that Knight was one of the few coaches who worked the Final Four with him that was really prepared.

I actually think he's a great commentator. He KNOWS basketball and talks about the game in front of him and the strategy/techniques of the game. As a person I'm no fan, and its sad to see him obviously starting to go downhill.
He is the worst commentator in the history of college basketball.....no exceptions!!!!
He is the worst commentator in the history of college basketball.....no exceptions!!!!

 

That's just an outrageously inaccurate statement.

But he really thought well of that UK player. You know "Witcher" ....

That's just an outrageously inaccurate statement.

 

I agree. Billy Packer has the title as the worst. Talk about Snoresville!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.