Bob Knight has lost it

HT721

It's apparent he doesn't put in the time necessary to be a capable play-by-play guy. Even Jimmy Dykes (God love him) spends time watching film & breaking down game tape. He knows players' tendencies, strengths & weaknesses (or at least tries to learn). On the other hand, Bob Knight only talks about "the big white kid" and shot fakes.

I felt bad for him during the Kentucky / Vandy game. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

It's apparent he doesn't put in the time necessary to be a capable play-by-play guy. Even Jimmy Dykes (God love him) spends time watching film & breaking down game tape. He knows players' tendencies, strengths & weaknesses (or at least tries to learn). On the other hand, Bob Knight only talks about "the big white kid" and shot fakes.

I felt bad for him during the Kentucky / Vandy game. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on.

I think that is a big issue as well. I can see Knight refusing to prepare properly.

I honestly hadn't thought about this at all, but as was pointed out time and situation seemed lost on him the entire game and I just don't see how someone who knows basketball couldn't remember the score was tied or team A has a 2 point lead or whatever.

I actually think he's a great commentator. He KNOWS basketball and talks about the game in front of him and the strategy/techniques of the game. As a person I'm no fan, and its sad to see him obviously starting to go downhill.

Bob Knight has always been a terrible commentator. Probably because he is such a jerk.

In the UK game last week, he didn't know the difference between the game clock and the shot clock. Last night he kept saying "If Ole Miss can get a two point lead here ------" when they were leading by two already. His partner had to intervien.

I think that is a big issue as well. I can see Knight refusing to prepare properly.

The sad part is that he used to not be that way. Cawood Ledford even noted in his autobiography that Knight was one of the few coaches who worked the Final Four with him that was really prepared.

I actually think he's a great commentator. He KNOWS basketball and talks about the game in front of him and the strategy/techniques of the game. As a person I'm no fan, and its sad to see him obviously starting to go downhill.
He is the worst commentator in the history of college basketball.....no exceptions!!!!