Where will Jason Hatcher land?

Original Rookie

If Louisville offered the kid, that means they had room for him right?

Being that UK won two games and UL is coming off the biggest win in program history, it is pretty remarkable.

Louisville offered quite some time ago....I am quite sure they'd still take him.....BUT, with them taking only about 16-18 kids, they have certainly let up on some kids....what are they supposed to do, pull the offer from Hatcher? How would that look. Let's use our brains here. I like that you all are excited, but next season will tell us much more.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His mom says that the initial concern and cause for the de-commit was the distance and how it impacted the kid getting home. Big Ed Orgeron came in and reviewed the calendar and showed that he would have "plenty" of chances to come home. My guess is reality will be different once he gets there.

His mom says that the initial concern and cause for the de-commit was the distance and how it impacted the kid getting home. Big Ed Orgeron came in and reviewed the calendar and showed that he would have "plenty" of chances to come home. My guess is reality will be different once he gets there.

Lamar was home over Christmas break. Before that I think he was home for a few weeks after school let out in May but he wasn't home long. Couple of weeks maybe. While not knowing for sure I'd think Lamar would like to come home more than he has been. I'd say you are correct.

Louisville offered quite some time ago....I am quite sure they'd still take him.....BUT, with them taking only about 16-18 kids, they have certainly let up on some kids....what are they supposed to do, pull the offer from Hatcher? How would that look. Let's use our brains here. I like that you all are excited, but next season will tell us much more.

That is certainly a cozy way to dance around facts. Are we sure they let up on kids that they were going after against UK? They let up on "some" in case a long shot came in? These kids have all recently committed, if UL didn't want them or couldn't take them, the offers would have been pulled by now most likely. I'm just glad as UK fans we can have some of these discussions again (or for the first time).

Some things that I have read about Hatcher and his recruitment and who knows if all or bits are true.

: Hatcher and the Quick kid do not get along all that well. May be just pure speculation.

: Hatcher is overrated according to one scout out of Ohio, based on how poorly he performed versus Moeller in their game this year. Had heard though that he hurt his ankle pretty badly leading up to that game and gutted one out.

: Despite the USC re-committment, many in and around UK camp feel he will sign with UK on NSD.

In general, I don't know if UK can pull this one off.