January 16, 201313 yr So now #2 IU has two losses against unranked opponents, right? Yet no one is talking about the NIT or "Marquee Wins". Btw, how many "Marquee Wins" does Tom Crean's team have? Minnesota? OK. Gimme a break. How about over rated. Bo Ryan owns this team. Honestly, I think IU has a quality team, but it kills me to hear all the negative chatter about UK, when IU's resume is not much better.
January 16, 201313 yr So now #2 IU has two losses against unranked opponents, right? Yet no one is talking about the NIT or "Marquee Wins". Btw, how many "Marquee Wins" does Tom Crean's team have? Minnesota? OK. Gimme a break. How about over rated. Bo Ryan owns this team. Honestly, I think IU has a quality team, but it kills me to hear all the negative chatter about UK, when IU's resume is not much better. 3 less losses???? Combined record of two teams they lost to is 27-6. Your post is beyond lacking logic.
January 16, 201313 yr So now #2 IU has two losses against unranked opponents, right? Yet no one is talking about the NIT or "Marquee Wins". Btw, how many "Marquee Wins" does Tom Crean's team have? Minnesota? OK. Gimme a break. How about over rated. Bo Ryan owns this team. Honestly, I think IU has a quality team, but it kills me to hear all the negative chatter about UK, when IU's resume is not much better. Indiana has 3 top 50 Ws and 6 top 100 wins. (RPI ranking) UK has just 2 top 100 wins. UT is 99, Maryland is 91 Not even close. Avg RPI rank of UK wins 214 Avg RPI rank of IU wins 155 RPI isn't everything but lets be real here.
January 16, 201313 yr ^OK, you two haters have me convinced that IU is a powerhouse. Whatever...........Butler and Wisconsin are bad losses for the supposed #2 team in the country and I don't care what numbers you show me to justify your position. Haters gonna hate. Btw, Wisconsin rankings..............PPG-105th, RPG-83rd, APG-89th and FG%-122nd. Gimme a break. If you both weren't UK haters, I would respect your position. Also, the BIG0 is a terrible conference, has not won a Championship in 13 years.
January 16, 201313 yr Yeah' date=' I'm a huge UK hater.[/quote'] :lol: :lol: You're a huuuuge hater HT.
January 16, 201313 yr Well, UK's SOS is definitely better to the current point, and it's not even close. UK is just lacking a marquee win. Also, not to defend IU, but playing against Wisconsin, and knowing IU is a very offensively strict team, meanwhile on the other hand, Wisconsin's traditionally known for Bo Ryan's stingy defense, this result wasn't too surprising at all. Pretty similar to a few years back in the NCAA tourny when Notre Dame faced off against FSU, Notre Dame had relied on Hansbrough and his shooting, in a crazy good offense, meanwhile FSU had the best defense statistically in the past 10 years. Usually, the defensive team will win the matchup, that's just the way it is. I wouldn't be worried if I'm IU at all. And as a UK fan, it's ridiculous to compare UK's resume with IU's, IU has 2 losses, UK, 5. And although IU has played a relatively weak schedule, their resume is still much better. I expect IU to lose about 4 more games though. UK, probably about the same.
January 16, 201313 yr I like IU as an upper echelon team, but they do have some big deficiencies. They rely upon Hulls and Sheehey to knock down shots but last night they did not make a 3 pointer between them and struggled even finding open looks. If they have to put the ball on the court then they struggle. Victor Homedepot is great on defense. Cody Zeller is going to be terrible in the NBA. I could see him hanging around school.
January 16, 201313 yr Also, how does Wisconsin have that many white guys on their roster? Every year.
January 16, 201313 yr If this game was in Madison, it wouldn't really have surprised me. Wouldn't have expected IU to go down at home to the Badgers. Bo Ryan is a great coach.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.