December 19, 201213 yr Mine are: Jerry "The King" Lawler(in his Memphis days): most of the wrestlers you see today Lawler has wrestled our teamed with. Bill "Superstar" Dundee: Like Lawler, he has wrestled the same big names back then, including Lawler. Has wrestled with and against the King. Hulk Hogan: numerous times WWF Champ. Koko Ware: also in his Memphis days. Wrestled Ric Flair for the world title almost beating the Nature Boy. Dutch Mantell: The Dirty Dutchman was a classic heel and fan favorite. Dusty Rhodes: The American Dream was the son of a plumber, his interviews and one liners made him likeable. "I've dined with Kings and Queens and dined on Pork-n-beans. The Fabulous Ones: A Great Tag Team. The Rock-n-Roll Express: like The Fabs originated out of Memphis. Roddy Piper: The biggest and funniest guy on a mike, and could work the heel and fan favorite personna. The Undertaker: This guy just scare me to death. Randy Savage: I watched him from his days in the ICW, Memphis Wrestling with Lawler, and then the WWF. Ronnie Garvin: He was Savage's opponent in the ICW. He later went into the NWA/WCW. Jimmy "Mouth of The South" Hart: wasn't a wrestler but I loved watching him get the "you know what" beaten out of him. What's yours?
December 19, 201213 yr I was about 14 when the so-called "Attitude Era" of the WWF was at its peak. Nearly everyone I knew was watching wrestling at the time thanks two men in particular: The Rock and Stone-Cold Steve Austin. Personally, my favorite was always The Undertaker.
December 19, 201213 yr Author I was about 14 when the so-called "Attitude Era" of the WWF was at its peak. Nearly everyone I knew was watching wrestling at the time thanks two men in particular: The Rock and Stone-Cold Steve Austin. Personally, my favorite was always The Undertaker. The Undertaker also went thru Memphis as Mark Callious(hope that's spelled write), The Master Of Pain.
December 19, 201213 yr ^ And the heart punch was his signature move. The Ultimate Warrior was my favorite as a kid. Didn't like Hogan until he went to the NWO. The Undertaker would probably be up there as well. And you have to love Ric Flair for being Ric Flair. :lol:
December 19, 201213 yr The Undertaker also went thru Memphis as Mark Callious(hope that's spelled write), The Master Of Pain. I remember the first time I saw the Undertaker on TV as a kid. The lights went down and that music started... so creepy. Then you see that gigantic dude walk out in that suit with Paul Bearer carrying that urn behind him. Everything about it was just so darn cool.
December 19, 201213 yr Sting Ricky The Dragon Steamboat Ravishing Rick Rude Stone Cold Steve Austin DX
December 19, 201213 yr George "The Animal" Steele Ric Flair John Cena Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Jake "The Snake" Roberts Dusty Rhodes
December 19, 201213 yr The Road Warriors The Bushwackers Handsome Jimmy Valiant The Undertaker Brutus The Barber Beefcake Mr. Perfect Kane Sergeant Slaughter Hacksaw Jim Duggan Superfly Jimmy Snuka The Ultimate Warrior Mankind/Mick Foley Randy Savage and Leaping Lanny Poffo The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling formerkywrestler
December 19, 201213 yr I was lucky and met a number of wrestlers due to my Dad's job. Nothing beats a 10 year old talking one on one for 15 minutes with Hulk Hogan while he waited for his limo. He was extemely gracious to take his time like that. Ric Flair and Ultimate Warrior blew me off. I spoke w/ Hawk from Legion of Doom, Big Boss Man, and one of the Bushwackers a couple months after that. It was pretty awesome. In terms of watching, give me Rey Mysterio, JR every day of the week. In terms of personality, the HULKSTER brother. In terms of sheer dominance, I loved watching the first part of the Goldberg streak. However, overall, the whole package....Stone Cold
December 19, 201213 yr The Road Warriors The Bushwackers Handsome Jimmy Valiant The Undertaker Brutus The Barber Beefcake Mr. Perfect Kane Sergeant Slaughter Hacksaw Jim Duggan Superfly Jimmy Snuka The Ultimate Warrior Mankind/Mick Foley Randy Savage and Leaping Lanny Poffo The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling formerkywrestler That's always been mine.
December 19, 201213 yr Tommy Rich The Great Kabuki Road Warriors Triple H Superbly Ricky the dragon Steamboat Bobo Brazil Rock n Roll Express Iron Sheik Andre the Giant Bob Backlund Gordon Solley, best announcer
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.