Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendulum Swing?

Featured Replies

How much closer do you all predict the T-X matchup to be next season? Seeing that X nearly returns everyone including their trio of backs. Not causing stir, just want to know everyone's perception. Congrats to T as well on their #22. We look to add #13

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be much closer than the third-round playoff game.

I think it is starting to become more even, unlike the past the couple of years. But I think Trinity still has a slight edge in talent. I'm looking forward to see how X transitions from Coach Glaser to Coach Wolford.

 

Has Wolford had the opportunity to meet/address the team yet? Any assistant coaching changes going to take place?

I think X probably has to be considered the favorite for next season at this point.

It will be fun to see what changes in the offense Coach W brings. He inherits a team built to run the ball so it may take a couple years to see the full impact of his style. X returns a lot. The trio of horses did great against the Doss' of the world, but did not pan out this year against Trinity. I hope Walker can stay healthy in 2013. Trinity loses a lot but is not looking for Obama handouts... they will be fine. Look for a very mobile QB to give defenses another thing to worry about. As always it will be crucial to see how the lines for both teams develop. As for new talent, the word I get is that T is getting the cream of the crop, but who knows at this point.

Actually both teams better watch out for Male after the nice year their frosh had!

 

In a far more serious matter, I hope our BGP buddy AVID TIGER is feeling better!!!

How much closer do you all predict the T-X matchup to be next season? Seeing that X nearly returns everyone including their trio of backs. Not causing stir, just want to know everyone's perception. Congrats to T as well on their #22. We look to add #13

 

X will have the trio of backs, but only one of them can carry the ball at a time. The best running back on the field next year will be wearing a Shamrock. Also, the better quarteback will be on the Shamrock side of the field. X has a lot coming back, but I like our chances. The biggest question for me is whether the incoming seniors will grab the leadership roles on the team.

Hearing Browning Nagle to be OC for X next year.

I think it is starting to become more even, unlike the past the couple of years. But I think Trinity still has a slight edge in talent. I'm looking forward to see how X transitions from Coach Glaser to Coach Wolford.

 

Has Wolford had the opportunity to meet/address the team yet? Any assistant coaching changes going to take place?

 

For what it's worth, I have heard that Stephan LeFors is still in the picture---perhaps as an OC. My source said he heard it directly from Coach Wolford. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of his comment. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

I do think that X should probably be the favorite over T right now but let's wait until preseason practice starts to see where we are then.

P.S.---I hope AT is doling well.

  • Author
Can't be much closer than the third-round playoff game.

 

When i made this thread i was thinking that.

  • Author
It will be fun to see what changes in the offense Coach W brings. He inherits a team built to run the ball so it may take a couple years to see the full impact of his style. X returns a lot. The trio of horses did great against the Doss' of the world, but did not pan out this year against Trinity. I hope Walker can stay healthy in 2013. Trinity loses a lot but is not looking for Obama handouts... they will be fine. Look for a very mobile QB to give defenses another thing to worry about. As always it will be crucial to see how the lines for both teams develop. As for new talent, the word I get is that T is getting the cream of the crop, but who knows at this point.

Actually both teams better watch out for Male after the nice year their frosh had!

 

In a far more serious matter, I hope our BGP buddy AVID TIGER is feeling better!!!

 

Hey, Hey, Hey. Davis had a TD and Walker had 2tds against T. Also X returns a plethora of lineman as well. With those lineman all being in the 6'6 270 lb+ range. The line starting to look like X of old. Also thanks for the concern.

  • Author
X will have the trio of backs, but only one of them can carry the ball at a time. The best running back on the field next year will be wearing a Shamrock. Also, the better quarteback will be on the Shamrock side of the field. X has a lot coming back, but I like our chances. The biggest question for me is whether the incoming seniors will grab the leadership roles on the team.

 

I give you the quarterback, but what rb are you speaking of? Brooks? I like our chances as well.

  • Author
For what it's worth, I have heard that Stephan LeFors is still in the picture---perhaps as an OC. My source said he heard it directly from Coach Wolford. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of his comment. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

I do think that X should probably be the favorite over T right now but let's wait until preseason practice starts to see where we are then.

P.S.---I hope AT is doling well.

 

Still in pain but the medicine is doing a fair enough job to allow me to banter on here.

Wolford has never coached a down of varsity football. That coupled with the other commitments that he has and has publically stated will continue has to make at least his first year a huge question. Maybe it will work out and he'll be an outstanding coach, maybe he was hired just for his name and money and will be a figure head only or maybe something else will happen. Bottom line to me is that there is one proven coach in the T/X mix and until the results show on the field any talk of the proverbial pendulum swinging is very premature.

 

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Who is Wolford and what would he let get in the way of his coaching duties?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.