Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendulum Swing?

Featured Replies

That's a smart move...hire a coach who has a son with some size!

 

With a new OC being "named", will Coach Chitwood stay on as offensive line coach? Any other staff changes taking place?

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a smart move...hire a coach who has a son with some size!

 

With a new OC being "named", will Coach Chitwood stay on as offensive line coach? Any other staff changes taking place?

 

Staff is all gone. Some may stay, but they will be coaching down if at all. Chitwood WILL NOT be involved, at least on he varsity level.

 

Not sure I buy in to the dad coaching as OC. I do not see that happening yet

Staff is all gone. Some may stay, but they will be coaching down if at all. Chitwood WILL NOT be involved, at least on he varsity level.

 

Not sure I buy in to the dad coaching as OC. I do not see that happening yet

 

Staff is not all gone. The word at the banquet the other night was that Todd Walsh is still the Defensive Coordinator. Only current staff members unsure for next year are Coaches Bruner and Chitwood. Coach Wade is mulling it over. Sounds as if Browning Nagle will be the OC.

A former NFL lineman may be the offensive line coach. Coach Wolford has done a good job reaching out to current staff members and letting them know they are appreciated and wanted. Helping make the transition go much smoother and another great staff appears to be in the making..

Well, whatever happens they need to keep Coach Mullins around; he's a good young coach. This will be an exciting offseason for the Tigers!

You are correct and he is bringing his 6 foot 3 inch 230lb. son with him who will be the number one QB in the state next year! The Tigers will be waering the favorite label next year for sure.

Former UofL star quarterback Browning Nagle was in town to be honored at the Governors Cup Luncheon, he took the opportunity to speak to Coach Charlie Strong about his son. Coach Strong told Nagle he would tell Coach Kenny Carter to look into it. Strong mentioned it in his speech during the luncheon, for the complete Charlie Strong speech go here.

 

Nagle's son B.J. is a junior at Briarcrest Christian High School in Memphis, TN. He is 6'2 205 lbs and passed for 1,022 yards as a sophomore. Browning Nagle told Rick Bozich, "I got on Charlie a little bit (Tuesday) night," Nagle said, with a laugh. "I told him they had to recruit my boy. He can play. He's good."

You are correct and he is bringing his 6 foot 3 inch 230lb. son with him who will be the number one QB in the state next year! The Tigers will be waering the favorite label next year for sure.

 

That certainly sounds like the X admin had entered the "arms race".

That certainly sounds like the X admin had entered the "arms race".

 

Call it what you want but the Will Wolford era has begun and there will be much needed changes for the good to St.X football .

I have no problem with it, I just don't want to hear the smug self-righteousness that seems to emanate from Poplar Level Road because they think they have done things "the right way" when it comes to who they've hired to coach their football team.

You are correct and he is bringing his 6 foot 3 inch 230lb. son with him who will be the number one QB in the state next year! The Tigers will be waering the favorite label next year for sure.

So a currently unranked 2 star QB in Memphis.....will be the state's best as a junior, at a high school geared to run the ball?

If he played varsity football then he'll have to sit out a year if he transfers won't he?

^ He won't have to sit out. His parents are moving....for job, etc...

Then refresh my memory. Why did LT Thomas have to sit out his junior year. Didn't he transfer from out of state?

You are correct and he is bringing his 6 foot 3 inch 230lb. son with him who will be the number one QB in the state next year! The Tigers will be waering the favorite label next year for sure.

 

WOW!!!! The kid must be amazing. Already #1 QB in Kentucky and better than Reggie Bonafan who has D1 offers on the table. How many D1 offers does he already have? Must be a lot.

Edited by SHAMROCK69

Right or wrong, the attitude towards T began in the 50s and 60s. At that time the test was an entrance exam, not a placement test. As things went, if you couldn't get in X, you went to Desales, T, or Bishop David. That changed probably in the 70s, but I think the stigma remained. I know because I had relatives in that position. Probably changed when bussing started and the catholic schools, both K-8, and the high schools started booming again.

Right or wrong, the attitude towards T began in the 50s and 60s. At that time the test was an entrance exam, not a placement test. As things went, if you couldn't get in X, you went to Desales, T, or Bishop David. That changed probably in the 70s, but I think the stigma remained. I know because I had relatives in that position. Probably changed when bussing started and the catholic schools, both K-8, and the high schools started booming again.

 

Wrong. I entered Trinity in the mid 60's and never even considered X. I knew where I wanted to go when I was still in grade school, and boy was I right. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Four of the best years of my life and I am still reaping the benefits of "Brothers for Life."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.