Butch Jones to Purdue?

RomanEmpire

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any B-10 job will be better than UC job, unless UC can land in a major conference. And no thats not C-USA.
I disagree, at least right now. IU, Northwestern, and Purdue are not upgrades from UC. If Butch can't get the UT job I think he needs to ride out another year at UC and see what opens up next year.

I'm not much of a UC or UL fan, but man I hate seeing these schools used as a stepping stone to another job.

Kind of like college basketball and the players, which is what a lot of people don't like about that(I don't care either way). In the words of one Sean Puffy Combs "It's all about the Benjamins baby".

So a job where you are likely to be fired in 3-4 years and see the chances you'll be a head coach again decrease significantly is better? We'll disagree there.

Situation at UC isn't ideal right now, but as realignment continues UC will move up again. Taking a quick payday at a dead end job like UK/Purdue/Colorado is playing Russian Roulette with your career...

If UC does not land in the ACC, they're in trouble. I hope your not saying that Jones is not leaving. You'd think by now that you'd realize that this is stepping stone job. If you're a good coach, you ain't stayin long.

I disagree, at least right now. IU, Northwestern, and Purdue are not upgrades from UC. If Butch can't get the UT job I think he needs to ride out another year at UC and see what opens up next year.

I can agree with that. However those jobs you mentioned are in a BCS conference that will exist two years from now. Right now we can't say that about UC.

If UC does not land in the ACC, they're in trouble. I hope your not saying that Jones is not leaving. You'd think by now that you'd realize that this is stepping stone job. If you're a good coach, you ain't stayin long.

Never said he was staying. In fact I think he is probably gone by early next week if not sooner. Just saying that taking a job like Purdue or Colorado is not a good decision outside of getting a raise IMO. Moving up the ladder is one thing. Making a lateral move that very likely ends in getting fired in 3-4 years can be career suicide. The proof is in the pudding there...

Never said he was staying. In fact I think he is probably gone by early next week if not sooner. Just saying that taking a job like Purdue or Colorado is not a good decision outside of getting a raise IMO. Moving up the ladder is one thing. Making a lateral move that very likely ends in getting fired in 3-4 years can be career suicide. The proof is in the pudding there...

Perhaps. Who's the current coach at CMU?