Butch Jones to Purdue?

RomanEmpire

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. By the time UC lands in a conference (presumably the ACC), it very well could be just the BEast 2.0. If he's wanting a shot at BCS bids, both situations are more attractive, if for nothing else, the stability of their conferences.

It is much more likely he is fired in 4 years than it is landing in a BCS bowl at either Purdue or Colorado...

How is Nippert restrictive? Granted, it is small, but the Bearcats don't sell out that many. The only 2 sellouts this year were Miami and Rutgers. The remainder of the games averaged less than 30k per. If UC gets into the ACC or Big 12, my understanding is there are plans to expand the stadium to 43-45K. PBS is always available for larger expected attendance, as well.

Didn't UC complete the Sheakley Center? From what I saw of the plans, it would rival most practice facilities in the country, including, if not exceeding, Colorado.

NCAAF Ranking Big East football facilities - ESPN

They're 7th in the Big East ahead of temple in terms of facilities. There bubble is nice but everything else is not as great. It also said in the link posted already that one of Coach Jones' frustration was the inability to renovate the current facilities. Nippert holds 35,100 people and is surrounded by buildings so there isn't much room for expansion. I don't know how or if they could put in 10k more seats. PBS is always an option if Mike Brown allows it. Not sure that will happen on a regular basis though. I don't know what CU holds but I'm sure it's more than Nippert, and they're talking about upgrades there for him too. Nippert is a great place to watch a game but in terms of big time college football it doesn't have the capacity.

Those players are part of the search committee. Was an expected part of interview...

You think he's gone?

I'm obviously not close to the situation but it doesn't look good for UC right now.

"I've done plenty of these (hirings and contracts), and it will be decided by Tuesday," Armstrong said. "This won't drag on. We'll see what happens at Colorado."

Butch Jones at Colorado campus to talk Buffs football coaching job - The Denver Post

You think he's gone?

I'm obviously not close to the situation but it doesn't look good for UC right now.

"I've done plenty of these (hirings and contracts), and it will be decided by Tuesday," Armstrong said. "This won't drag on. We'll see what happens at Colorado."

Butch Jones at Colorado campus to talk Buffs football coaching job - The Denver Post

Not really sure at the moment. A return flight back to Cincinnati is scheduled, and UC has a Bowl game presser tomorrow at 1. With a decision coming that quick I do think it is a bit odd for him to be returning to Cincinnati if he was going to take the Colorado job in the morning...

Not really sure at the moment. A return flight back to Cincinnati is scheduled, and UC has a Bowl game presser tomorrow at 1. With a decision coming that quick I do think it is a bit odd for him to be returning to Cincinnati if he was going to take the Colorado job in the morning...

Is he scouting the bowl game on his flights to and from jobs? Embarrassing to me he's dating other programs openly but may come back to the butterface.

Are players usually part of search committees?

No. I guess there is a lot of turmoil among the players at Colorado because most of them were recruited with the pitch that they would play for an African-American head coach and a largely minority staff. Have heard it was an attempt to keep them happy and reduce a mass exodus via transfer...

No. I guess there is a lot of turmoil among the players at Colorado because most of them were recruited with the pitch that they would play for an African-American head coach and a largely minority staff. Have heard it was an attempt to keep them happy and reduce a mass exodus via transfer...

........"largely minority".......... Nice oxymoron.