Butch Jones to Purdue?

RomanEmpire

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike

Cincinnati talking about renovating Nippert to keep Butch Jones. Built Kelly a practice bubble to keep him. How'd that work out?

Butch jones has a much different character than Brian Kelly. Kelly wanted out after his first season. But Tennessee didn't offer him the job.

Butch Jones loves Cincinnati. He would not leave unless its the right situation. A renovated stadium and a new conference may be all he needs.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I think he's making around 1.6 plus incentives. In 2017 I believe it's 2.05 but I'm not sure what they're offering with his extension salary wise.

I hope he feels they're not enticing as well, but CU can offer more money I'm sure. I don't know there stadium situation but it probably isn't as restrictive as Nippert. I know some have said its career suicide but as a competitor you always feel like you could be the guy.

Compared to future prospect, or staying at UC?

Compared to future potential opportunities.

Plus, it gives UC more time to land in a conference.

No-lose situation unless you think this is your only chance of getting paid more.

PU and CU are no-win situations IMO.

Right now I think he's making around 1.6 plus incentives. In 2017 I believe it's 2.05 but I'm not sure what they're offering with his extension salary wise.

I hope he feels they're not enticing as well, but CU can offer more money I'm sure. I don't know there stadium situation but it probably isn't as restrictive as Nippert. I know some have said its career suicide but as a competitor you always feel like you could be the guy.

How is Nippert restrictive? Granted, it is small, but the Bearcats don't sell out that many. The only 2 sellouts this year were Miami and Rutgers. The remainder of the games averaged less than 30k per. If UC gets into the ACC or Big 12, my understanding is there are plans to expand the stadium to 43-45K. PBS is always available for larger expected attendance, as well.

Didn't UC complete the Sheakley Center? From what I saw of the plans, it would rival most practice facilities in the country, including, if not exceeding, Colorado.

Compared to future potential opportunities.

Plus, it gives UC more time to land in a conference.

No-lose situation unless you think this is your only chance of getting paid more.

PU and CU are no-win situations IMO.

Disagree. By the time UC lands in a conference (presumably the ACC), it very well could be just the BEast 2.0. If he's wanting a shot at BCS bids, both situations are more attractive, if for nothing else, the stability of their conferences.

Disagree. By the time UC lands in a conference (presumably the ACC), it very well could be just the BEast 2.0. If he's wanting a shot at BCS bids, both situations are more attractive, if for nothing else, the stability of their conferences.

1. I do not think UC will be in the ACC.

2. 2012 is not the only year Butch is going to have a chance to get a better gig.

3. He can be somewhat selective.