Butch Jones to Purdue?

RomanEmpire

@reedmarks News will break very soon one way or the other on #CUBUFFS coaching search..UC players meeting soon. @MileHighSports @Allbuffs

Butch is in Charlotte at the Belk Bowl presser so not sure why this guys thinks it will be soon.

Plane doesn't even leave Charlotte until 4:30...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC is one of the largest universities in the US and has achieved success at the highest level. To even suggest they are a mid major is a joke. And I am not a UC supporter.

Mid majors are normally seen as stepping stone jobs. UC is considered a stepping stone job. The big time programs that achieve success at the highest level do not have this problem. perhaps it comes down to funds. I get that. But if the program is funded poorly the coaching carousel will continue to turn. There is a reason these coaches leave. Dream jobs? I get that. Is Colorado or Purdue, or whatever other program Jones is considering his dream job? That's where I see an identity crisis. UC obviously like Jones as HC. Are we shocked that he is considering other jobs? No. Why is that?

Mid majors are normally seen as stepping stone jobs. UC is considered a stepping stone job. The big time programs that achieve success at the highest level do not have this problem. perhaps it comes down to funds. I get that. But if the program is funded poorly the coaching carousel will continue to turn. There is a reason these coaches leave. Dream jobs? I get that. Is Colorado or Purdue, or whatever other program Jones is considering his dream job? That's where I see an identity crisis. UC obviously like Jones as HC. Are we shocked that he is considering other jobs? No. Why is that?

You really don't get it, do you. UC has historically been an after thought in football. It's going to take more than a couple good seasons and it's going to take a BCS conference to ever make it more than a stepping stone job.

I get it. They are not really a big deal, and aren't shaping up to be. The fact that a coach like Butch Jones thinks he can do better says it all.

Crunch...you cut me to the quick! When all is said and done, I will expect and accept your apologies (or a beer!). ALL coaches think they can do better...outside of 10-15 BIG time programs. Heck, the B1G Champ/Rose Bowl coach just bolted for Arkansas! WHY can "a coach like Butch Jones" think he can do better? Because UC FB has succeeded. All we need are facilities and fannies in the seats...which is difficult in the 'Natti with it's notorious fickleness. But UCFB IS shaping up to be a big thing....recent BCS bowls, MULTIPLE conference championships, players to the NFL...and doing it with multiple coaches says more about the FB program than getting lucky with a coaching hire. It's attitudes, masses and media, locally that UCFB has to change. Hold the Rope! It's coming....it's been proven before.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. it just seems to me like the program had peaked and is now regressing. Jones is not the level of coach that the last two were and he left for Colorado. Two things now remain to be seen. What conference they get in and who the next HC is. Not knowing about the conference situation may severely impact who the next coach might be.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. it just seems to me like the program had peaked and is now regressing. Jones is not the level of coach that the last two were and he left for Colorado. Two things now remain to be seen. What conference they get in and who the next HC is. Not knowing about the conference situation may severely impact who the next coach might be.

It really has very little to do with Butch Jones, Santa Ono, Whit Babcock or Mick Cronin. Until the state appointed members of the BOT decide they are 100% behind the University taking the next step the folks I mentioned will always be fighting to do more with less. Doesn't really matter how many times those names change from my list. If the BOT wants to keep things as is, they will never change much...