Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 64 Kentucky 50

Featured Replies

Some of you UK fans are right. This UK team will be better than Duke in March :D

 

I'm not sure how much better Duke will get than they are now. While watching the Duke/UK it was obvious who was the most athletic team. The only difference was, Duke was older and knew what they were trying to accomplish where UK was and still are trying to figure out who their identity and what each player's role. With that being said, if UK would have done a few things better in that game they would have beaten Duke. That's why I stated, "I would take UK over Duke in march".

  • Replies 97
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why give up on Harrow this soon? Sure he's not the typical Cal PG and never will be, but I still think he can lead this team come Feb/Mar....

 

Due to his health and whatever other reason, we really haven't seen Harrow play a real game yet. He was sick vs. Maryland and hasn't been at practice for like two weeks before this one. Call me more optimistic than most on here, but I agree with you. Some are giving up on him way to soon.

I think Poythress being in foul trouble affected this team quite a bit.

 

I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but a loss to Baylor tomorrow (I will be there) my might me a little closer.

 

Would you be happy with UC fans storming the court after beating UL in a similar situation?

 

It's really not that big of a deal I just wanted something to complain about. :D

 

I have been to many upsets at the she over ranked teams and I Jon early cant say I ever seen them storm the court.

I have been to many upsets at the she over ranked teams and I Jon early cant say I ever seen them storm the court.

 

Try that again lol

I'm not sure how much better Duke will get than they are now. While watching the Duke/UK it was obvious who was the most athletic team. The only difference was, Duke was older and knew what they were trying to accomplish where UK was and still are trying to figure out who their identity and what each player's role. With that being said, if UK would have done a few things better in that game they would have beaten Duke. That's why I stated, "I would take UK over Duke in march".

 

I'm not trying to thread jack but I don't understand the logic that Duke can't get better between now and March. If they were that good and can't get better just go ahead and give them the trophy now and end the season. I'm sure all those extra Duke avatars here on BGP can handle that.:D

Is Anthony Hickey good enough to be the UK point guard now?

 

Bingo.

 

Hindsight is always 20/20 but man, be nice to have him.

Yes, in the long history of college basketball. I haven't seen a team this overrated since Ohio State was the #1 overall seed two years ago, and lost to Kentucky in the Sweet 16. :sssh::D

 

If your saying the OSU team that want 34-3 and lost in the Sweet 16 is overrated than you have to throw the 2009 UK team that went 35-3 and lost in the Elite 8 in the same catagory.

 

As far as UK goes this year, it is very hard to bring in new players every year and expect them to gell together. Last years team had experience coming back to go along with the talented freshman, this years yeam does not have that. I think this team will improve thoughout the year but how much is yet to be determined.

Ugly like the UConn game two years ago. They will play better Saturday against Baylor.

I have been to many upsets at the she over ranked teams and I Jon early cant say I ever seen them storm the court.

 

Try that again lol

 

Without the beer, this time. :lol:

If your saying the OSU team that want 34-3 and lost in the Sweet 16 is overrated than you have to throw the 2009 UK team that went 35-3 and lost in the Elite 8 in the same catagory.

 

As far as UK goes this year, it is very hard to bring in new players every year and expect them to gell together. Last years team had experience coming back to go along with the talented freshman, this years yeam does not have that. I think this team will improve thoughout the year but how much is yet to be determined.

 

 

Come on man.

You serious with this post?

 

They have lost like 7 games at home in 10 years or something crazy. They beat multiple ranked teams. It's November, act like you have been there before. It's not like they are a mid major.

 

They were the favorite to win the game.

 

I am a UK fan, but i have to agree with PP92 on this one! It is college! The kids are having fun. They just beat the National Champions for crying out loud. Don't make a big deal out of them storming the floor. THEY SHOULD! Have fun, be a kid/student. Enjoy the moment. All of that said, beating us this year might not be a big deal. We will lose 8-10 games this year. Remember the Harrellson, Liggins year we lost 9 games, but made a run in the tournament. I think this year will be similar to that one. We do not have a point guard, our bigs have trouble scoring down low, and we only have 1 player that can get his own shot.

ND basketball is the perennial spoiler team. Take away a few years under Digger, and they have never been a top tier bball program. Part of the enjoyment back in the 70's and 80's when entertainment options for students at Notre Dame were not as plentiful as they are now (no xbox, limited cable tv, no internet etc) was to blow off steam at basketball games especially when highly ranked teams came to town. Obviously the famous upset of UCLA stands out, but ND has a pretty impressive record at home against higher ranked teams.

 

The ND campus is pretty electric right now with the #1 ranking in football and Heisman hype surround Manti T'eo. Mike Bray saw an opportunity to take advantage of energy and hyped this game up big time. You have the black out and the accompaning black uniforms, Manti being interviewed and escorted around all night. ND's bball team has very little depth, and can only play a certain style. If you get them in a run and gun game, they are in deep trouble. Bray/ND needed a victory like this to keep the fan base energized and the home court advantage they will need to compete in the Big East. Kentucky is at the top of the mountain in College bball, beating them anytime is a big deal for most programs. Add in the hype created for the game and you have the resulting rushing of the court. UK and their fan base should be proud that they are back at the level where beating them in an other wise meaningless game is such a big deal to a school like ND.

Come on man.

 

You set the criterea, I just rolled with it. That same OSU team went to the Final 4 last year so its kind of hard to call them overrated. UK went to the Final 4 that year with a less talented team than they had in 2009. Whats your arguement?

You set the criterea, I just rolled with it. That same OSU team went to the Final 4 last year so its kind of hard to call them overrated. UK went to the Final 4 that year with a less talented team than they had in 2009. Whats your arguement?

 

 

You didn't roll with it. It went right over your head. Those who liked the post go it. NCF hates anything SEC. He'll put them down every chance he gets. It was a joke. Thus the smiley face.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.