Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cam Newton - Bust?

Featured Replies

Put me in the we need more time category. Plus, I think the team surrounding Cam is suspect.

 

One thing is for sure, Cam needs to mature and learn how to lead or it will never work out for him.

 

IMO that's his biggest downfall. He doesn't seem to know how to lead a team nor does he have the maturity. He definitely has the athletic ability but as we've seen time and time again it takes a lot more than just ability to be a QB in the NFL.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get him a running game and he will be fine. He will mature and get better. It also depends who he has around him in his personal life because it will bleed over into his professional career.

  • Author

I don't buy for one second the "no running game" argument. Stewart and Williams were the best 1-2 combo in the league until Cam arrived. They have a stud WR in Steve Smith, and a good TE in Olsen. Defense is suspect, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was the past couple years.

 

Bottom line, the team is way too talented to be 2-8. This team was considered a sleeper for a playoff berth at the beginning of the season. Cam has taken a gigantic step backwards.

Plus with the running game argument, good QBs make for suitable running games now, not the other way around. With the rules in place, the primary offensive guy is the QB. Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, etc. All the elite guys do not rely upon a run game to be successful.

 

To me Cam has the talent, but something intangibly is missing. At one time I felt he possessed it.... the dude not did lose a football game for 2 consecutive seasons. I am not sure it is the growing pains of learning the QB position as much as it the growing pains of becoming a professional. I genuinely like Cam and believe he is good for the NFL if he is a good player.

I think it is way too early to call him a bust I do at times think he is a bit of a crybaby.

Josh Freeman never had the attitude, hype, or complete regression that Cam has. Freeman also is a much more mature a player than Newton.

 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him unable to find a starting job within the next 3-4 seasons.

 

I agree with your quote, but don't blame the HYPE on Cam. The attitude yes, the Hype no! He has been on an NFL Roster for 26 games. If you are going to label people after 26 games or roughly 2 seasons then i guess Brett Favre was a bust! We have way to much knee-jerk reaction and over analysis in sports today. In reality Cam is a decent NFL QB. If he progresses, he can become good. If he dedicates himself, he could be great? I am betting on him being decent to good, but definately not a bust!

Carolina is 0-11 in games decided by a TD or less since Cam took over.

Whether he is a bust or not, Newton has BY FAR the best Play 64 commercial on TV. That kid is great. "I'm just loosening my arm." I laugh every time I watch it.

  • Author

^"And be the #1 overall pick, and take your starting job, and make everyone forget about you"....:lol: Best commerical going right now.

Whether he is a bust or not, Newton has BY FAR the best Play 64 commercial on TV. That kid is great. "I'm just loosening my arm." I laugh every time I watch it.

 

No doubt one of the best sports commercials of all time. I absolutely love it!!! The kid is awesome but Cam also has a future in acting.

I don't buy for one second the "no running game" argument. Stewart and Williams were the best 1-2 combo in the league until Cam arrived. They have a stud WR in Steve Smith, and a good TE in Olsen. Defense is suspect, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was the past couple years.

 

Bottom line, the team is way too talented to be 2-8. This team was considered a sleeper for a playoff berth at the beginning of the season. Cam has taken a gigantic step backwards.

 

Stewart and Williams have never really been the best 1-2 combo in the league, other than maybe 2008-2009. 2009 was the only season they were both over 1,000 yards rushing. In fact neither have been over 1000 since then. 2010 they didn't have Cam Newton and their running attack was pretty bad as well. I don't think adding Newton hurt the rushing game.

Not that a QB should be based solely or really at all on Fantasy Points, but he is ranked #6 amongst QB in standard scoring leagues. Not bad for a bust.

Ask me in four or five more seasons, even guys like Carr and Harrington got more time than just two seasons.

Not that a QB should be based solely or really at all on Fantasy Points, but he is ranked #6 amongst QB in standard scoring leagues. Not bad for a bust.

 

To be honest, fantasy results should have nothing to do with how a quarterback is judged.

To be honest, fantasy results should have nothing to do with how a quarterback is judged.

 

Which is why I said that a QB shouldn't be based really at all on Fantasy Points.

 

I was just pointing it out because it suprised me to see that he was that high.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.