Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cam Newton - Bust?

Featured Replies

His running game is non-existent. However, I don't think he has improved a bit since last year. He has the size and arm to be a great NFL quarterback, he just drops the ball and looks to run too soon. I think his attitude is his worse enemy. He has all the physical tools/attributes to be great.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Looks like I'm almost completely on my own on him, but I'll be surprised if he's still in Carolina in 3 years.

Looks like I'm almost completely on my own on him' date=' but I'll be surprised if he's still in Carolina in 3 years.[/quote']

 

I as well. He has regressed and I don't see him getting better.

  • Author
Josh Freeman.....

 

Josh Freeman never had the attitude, hype, or complete regression that Cam has. Freeman also is a much more mature a player than Newton.

 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him unable to find a starting job within the next 3-4 seasons.

Josh Freeman never had the attitude, hype, or complete regression that Cam has. Freeman also is a much more mature a player than Newton.

 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him unable to find a starting job within the next 3-4 seasons.

 

Complete regression???? You sure? I was done with Freeman a year ago. Now look at him. This is Freeman's fourth year. He should be more mature than Cam. If Freeman can do it then Cam can too.

Complete regression???? You sure? I was done with Freeman a year ago. Now look at him. This is Freeman's fourth year. He should be more mature than Cam. If Freeman can do it then Cam can too.

 

How much of that is because Freeman now has a solid running game? Something Cam definitely does not have!

How much of that is because Freeman now has a solid running game? Something Cam definitely does not have!

 

The Panthers have failed miserably at using DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

How much of that is because Freeman now has a solid running game? Something Cam definitely does not have!

 

I think the running game was solid at the very least when Freeman got to Tampa. It was RB by committee a lot more than it is now and without looking a stats I'd say the run game is better now and may have some effect but Freeman's second year was awful and last year wasn't much better. This year is better than or equal to his first year as starter. I think a better question may be how much does the coach have to do with that?

Freeman put up 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns in his second year and only 6 interceptions. How is that awful?

 

Year 3, on the other hand, was awful.

Freeman put up 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns in his second year and only 6 interceptions. How is that awful?

 

Year 3, on the other hand, was awful.

 

I think he meant a terrible third season. I forgot this was year four for Freeman.

Cam set the bar so high early in his rookie season. I think the Panthers lack any type of offensive identity. They go out and spend a boat load by signing Stewart and Williams yet every week they are lucky to get 20 combined touches. One quality Wr and nothing else on the offensive side. How long does Rivera keep his job when Chip Kelly is potentially out there? You'd have to think he'd like to have a QB like Newton at the base of his offense.

Freeman put up 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns in his second year and only 6 interceptions. How is that awful?

 

Year 3, on the other hand, was awful.

 

I think he meant a terrible third season. I forgot this was year four for Freeman.

 

What NEERFAN said. Last year was horrible.

Put me in the we need more time category. Plus, I think the team surrounding Cam is suspect.

 

One thing is for sure, Cam needs to mature and learn how to lead or it will never work out for him.

Freeman put up 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns in his second year and only 6 interceptions. How is that awful?

 

Year 3, on the other hand, was awful.

 

I think he meant a terrible third season. I forgot this was year four for Freeman.

 

I assumed that they meant second full year starting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.