Freshman basketball

I know the Tigers are an afterthought in hoops, but this frosh class pretty good there too. Fieger may start varsity, tjink he played a little there last year. Problem we have is keeping them playing. Looks like Slusher,Stringer and Combs all not coming out. I think all 3 of those would log significant JV minutes. That is really disappointing, but I certainly get it. Tough to be a three sport athlete these days.

All would help of course, but they are baseball players correct? Understandable why they would not play basketball. Does Fieger play baseball as well?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that you do know him and I will stick with what I said in a prior post. They have Pangallo and Beuter to handle the ball at Varsity level and I am sure that Brandon Gray will be backing them up if needed. NCC is one of the top 3 teams in the region this year and there will be no frosh getting quality minutes there at the varsity level IMO.

I absolutely do not know this kid, I was simply asking a question. I never said he should be playing but their are kids who have gotten varsity mins and done well, using the McClendon boy as an example.

I have heard that the Smith kid from NCC plays some varsity football as a freshman, but I know very little about him. Do you know where he went to grade school? Also, I'm not doubting you but why do you think he is going to be good in basketball? Have you seen him play or have any details? Just curious.

The young man can handle the rock.

I have heard that the Smith kid from NCC plays some varsity football as a freshman, but I know very little about him. Do you know where he went to grade school? Also, I'm not doubting you but why do you think he is going to be good in basketball? Have you seen him play or have any details? Just curious.

I have seen him play numerous times and he can play. He played for Holy Trinity in Newport for middle school. He used to play for the NKy Legends AAU team.

It would appear that you do know him and I will stick with what I said in a prior post. They have Pangallo and Beuter to handle the ball at Varsity level and I am sure that Brandon Gray will be backing them up if needed. NCC is one of the top 3 teams in the region this year and there will be no frosh getting quality minutes there at the varsity level IMO.

Dont forget Sr. Colin Dupont who will likely sub in first off the bench for Pangallo.

raiderbird answered most of these questions. I never saw him on the AAU side of things, only in the grade school league (attended the same school as my two youngest girls). Even though the grade school league is nowhere near the AAU level he was like Jordan playing against a college kid, it wasn't fair. I don't think he will see much if any time on the varsity, but could see him easily starting JV. He has good size for a frosh, 5'10" 170.

Didn't Holmes' 8th grade team win the middle school state championship last year? Have heard Holmes freshman class is loaded and that their JV team will basically be that same team plus Marcus Hill and another sophomore. Talked to a coach not too long ago and he said the JV went undefeated over the summer with that group. Sorry I don't have any names.

Anyone have any idea who their best players were last year?

Didn't Holmes' 8th grade team win the middle school state championship last year? Have heard Holmes freshman class is loaded and that their JV team will basically be that same team plus Marcus Hill and another sophomore. Talked to a coach not too long ago and he said the JV went undefeated over the summer with that group. Sorry I don't have any names.

Anyone have any idea who their best players were last year?

I saw the new frosh team this summer. They do have some nice talent. Really like the PG.