Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who wins 2A?

Who you got? 80 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

    • Danville
      7%
    • Somerset
      7%
    • Newport Central Catholic
      55%
    • Owensboro Catholic
      17%
    • Bardstown
      3%
    • Other
      8%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins 2A and why?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think New Cath wins 2A. They are playing great football and their D seems to have come together. With Meyers out for a couple weeks I guess the question would be who will go in for him? Do they have a back up or will the fresh Smith be seeing more of the field?

NCC because they are finally healthy. Also Dylan Hayes is one of the best players in 2A!

Somerset, because they have so many playmakers and one of the best Def.'s in 2A Football. Def. win's Championships. Qb play has been much better last 3 games. I think they have played one of the best Schedules in 2A,

Well prepared for the Play-offs.

I would think that CAL needs to be added to the poll, at a minimum.

I think New Cath wins 2A. They are playing great football and their D seems to have come together. With Meyers out for a couple weeks I guess the question would be who will go in for him? Do they have a back up or will the fresh Smith be seeing more of the field?

 

I think the Breds can survive the 1st 3 games of the playoffs without Myers, however I like their chances more if they have him back after that. I can see Fr. Jacob Smith getting quite a few more touches to get him ready if Myers is unable to go after regional finals. I would say the only difference between the two is Smith lacks experience.

The district 7 survivor, most likely Somerset or Danville, will have home field advantage against the NCC/WV winner and will play a significant role in determining who advances against OCath or CAL.

 

Danville's Achilles has been the Briar Jumpers whom have beaten the Ads 5 consecutive times the past 4 seasons. The Ads are on the verge of being full strength again real soon. If they cannot end the streak then I will tip my hat to SHS once more and root like h3!! that they bring one home to the toughest district in 2A.

I think it'll come down to OB Cath, CAL or Somerset..

The district 7 survivor, most likely Somerset or Danville, will have home field advantage against the NCC/WV winner and will play a significant role in determining who advances against OCath or CAL.

 

Danville's Achilles has been the Briar Jumpers whom have beaten the Ads 5 consecutive times the past 4 seasons. The Ads are on the verge of being full strength again real soon. If they cannot end the streak then I will tip my hat to SHS once more and root like h3!! that they bring one home to the toughest district in 2A.

First off, winner of NCC/WV? All due respect to Walton and their fans but NCC rolls in the third week of the playoffs. Haven't seen Somerset or Danville but I will prior to that game.

First off, winner of NCC/WV? All due respect to Walton and their fans but NCC rolls in the third week of the playoffs. Haven't seen Somerset or Danville but I will prior to that game.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch with all due respect. NCC is definitely the favorite to win but Walton is a different team then earlier in the season. I hope they get to play but a whole lot of games to be played. I have seen Somerset and Danville and I would favor NCC over both teams.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch with all due respect. NCC is definitely the favorite to win but Walton is a different team then earlier in the season. I hope they get to play but a whole lot of games to be played. I have seen Somerset and Danville and I would favor NCC over both teams.

With all due respect they're counted!....through the first 3 weeks. I spoke to Barth week 7, he was shocked by the NCC team he was watching and they have made some strides since. I'll be happy for him when they get to the 3rd round. He's doing a great job out there.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch with all due respect. NCC is definitely the favorite to win but Walton is a different team then earlier in the season. I hope they get to play but a whole lot of games to be played. I have seen Somerset and Danville and I would favor NCC over both teams.
Danville played well against Boyle Co. and won, They lost JK Howard at Green County 6' 3" 300+ lineman. You wouldn't think one player would make that much difference, but Danville thru several games since has been in a funk. If they get Howard back it could be the emotional lift the ADS need and carry them a long way towards Bowling Green. Danville playing with emotion and focused will be a tough out for any team in 2A.:dancingpa

Is 2A the most wide open? There can be a legit argument for more teams in 2A than any other with no overwhelming favorite.

Is 2A the most wide open? There can be a legit argument for more teams in 2A than any other with no overwhelming favorite.

 

Yes it is, NCC is the prohibative favorite though.

Yes it is, NCC is the prohibative favorite though.

 

I'd love to see the Breds win it all, but I am thinking Danville or Somerset might be a tough nut to crack.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.