Bakeries in NKY

Luke Warmwater

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cookie Jar in Newport on Monmouth St. is a LOCK!!! Always remember has a kid on the way to the Boy's Club in Newport on saturday mornings before grade school basketball games my dad would always stop, great memories. The tea ring and the house donut, the "cookie jar" AWESOME. To this day, every sunday morning after church we go to my parents house for breakfast and my aunt always brings a tea ring.

I've been a big fan of Emerson's for decades. The fried danish is outstanding.

Busken's puts out a strong donut as well.

For the price Wal-Mart has a solid selection.

The best bakery I've ever been to, though, is Long's in Indy.

Loved stopping at Wiedemann's during lunch. My sister used to request an orange chiffon cake from there for her birthday every year. My dad used to bring Cookie Jar doughnuts home after delivering the Sunday paper in South Newport when I was a kid and I just stopped at Country Cousins yesterday morning before dropping kids off at Brossart and NCC. Love all three! Manyet's in Newport was another good one.

Bigzig inspired me. What are your favorite bakeries around NKY? Are there any hidden gems? Does anyone remember Wiedemanns Bakery in Ft Thomas? There was also one in Park Hills, I can't remember the name? Has anyone ever tried Miltons up in Middletown OH?

Very happy to know that for once I'm an inspiration for someone. It's not something I'm accustomed to..:clap: