Bakeries in NKY

Luke Warmwater

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the name of the bakery on Dixie Hwy in Park Hills? It was roughly tow doors down from where Finkes Pub is now? I can't remember the name of the bakery in Latonia where Bernhardts is now. We use to make the trek to get doughnuts after 11 or midnight on occasion.

The Park Hills bakery was a good one. I can't think of the name though.

When I was a kid, as a special treat, we would occasionally get doughnuts from a bakery in Latonia. They were so good. I don't think I ever saw the place or know the name of it. I want to say it was called the Latonia Bakery, but am not sure.

Simply Latonia Bakery.

Many late nights there, a frequent stop of #14 and #20 od the Big Red Machine after game back when.

The Bakery in Latonia is still there but it is no longer called the The Latonia Bakery or owned by the same people. The Pumpkin cookies for Halloween were the best from the old Latonia Bakery.

The Maple Glazed doughnuts at the Bakery Barn are the best doughnuts I have ever tasted and it is not even close.

If my memory serves me correct Weidemanns had some kind of danish that was their specialty. Am I wrong or is it my imagination? I've noticed nobody has even mentioned Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme. I know they're a chain but, I though someone would have at least brough them up. I remember waiting in the drive thru line at the Krispy Kreme in Florence. Was there an Excello Bakery by chance?

I don't know if it is still there, but when I lived in Florence, I went to the Florence Bakery. It was just a little hole in the wall, but it was possibly the best bakery I have ever frequented. I bought a dozen donuts every Wednesday for work, and they agreed with me.