Is 2012 the year of average football in NKY?

NEERFAN

Is it just me or is the overall quality down in 2012? As expected HHS is good but obviously not 2011 good. CCH seems to be on the right path and Cooper and Conner should make a run. Beechwood has a Mash unit, NCC gets blown out by Campbell who got crushed by CovCath. Bellevue gets trucked by Gallatin and we all know the opinions surrounding 6A. At this point we have a title contenders in HHS and possibly CCH but it doesn't look like anyone else has a remote chance. What's the consensus?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the overall quality down in 2012? As expected HHS is good but obviously not 2011 good. CCH seems to be on the right path and Cooper and Conner should make a run. Beechwood has a Mash unit, NCC gets blown out by Campbell who got crushed by CovCath. Bellevue gets trucked by Gallatin and we all know the opinions surrounding 6A. At this point we have a title contenders in HHS and possibly CCH but it doesn't look like anyone else has a remote chance. What's the consensus?

Good thread, and good synopsis.

Highlands has scored more points through the first two games this year than last year. They're second game last year vs Dixie and this year Scott Co. Just because they lost towles doesn't mean they can't be "2011 good" when has highlands ever peaked in the beginning of the season? Too early for this thread IMO.

Highlands will easily repeat, or 6-peat, (however you want to classify it) as state champs. I see them winning a few more before they loose one. There are some very good 5A schools, and contenders for a title in NKY as well. As for the other classes, I'd say average at best.

Every year teams lose players and sometimes staff. To say average I feel is crazy!!! Did we say this last year when Holy Cross beat Cooper and NCC? No you know why cause teams get better! Ill use copper for this the same team we beat last year with not a problem "it felt like it was easy"and then this year they are the BEST 5A team up here!!! Why? They got better and bigger and faster! We all should feel good about our teams cause the season don't start till week 6 and ALL teams in NKY are are better then average and some will win state! The problem is that the teams that have never been a real factor in there division are now coming to the top and it makes you think that the teams are getting week and I don't think that is the case. NKY teams are strong!

So Highlands is going to get by both LexCath and CovCath easily is what you are saying?

What is hard to understand about the words "easy" and "yes"? Highlands will have yet another undefeated season, I will say their toughest challenge will be Covington Catholic, however I still take Highlands in this one by 14.

What is hard to understand about the words "easy" and "yes"? Highlands will have yet another undefeated season, I will say their toughest challenge will be Covington Catholic, however I still take Highlands in this one by 14.

I think Highlands is capable of beating both, but they will be big challenges.

I think the usual power teams are down some early this season, but teams like Cooper Conner Simon Kenton are playing very well. Its still early in the year and we always ezpect so much from NKY teams. I belivev NKY will still be represented in the title game by 2, or maybe more teams. NKY schools are beating up on eachother pretty good at the moment but IMO will be able to hols their own and still strong vs most teams in the state.