Romney To Announce VP Pick Saturday

Mitt selected a Battleship to announce his VP Pick on Saturday. Despite a hard last minute push to draft Rush Limbaugh, since it's on the USS Wisconsin it looks like Ryan might be the pic. Among other options Dick Cheney, Anne Coulter, Dan Quayle and Anne Romney's Dressage Horse:lol: The world is in a nervous panic as to who gets to get whipped by Joe Biden in the VP Debate:thumb:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoring up the conservative base with this choice for certain. Folks who are very conservative in terms of economic philosophy will love the choice; this pretty much lets them know that Candidate Romney is on board with Ryan's vision.

Others will have profound idological issues with Ryan's proposals to "change Medicare as we know it", privatize Social Security, etc.

"We're polling 7-9 points behind; better get the base back on board".

I'm behind on my research, Clyde. Please explain and share what you know. Thanks.

Rep Ryan was greatly influenced by Ayn Rand ("Atlas Shrugged").

I think it's a strong , maybe bold, move by Gov Romney. He's going to have to deal with the Medicare issue that will be mentioned over and over but this guy is certainly tuned into budget items even if we all don't agree on his strategy. He knows budgets.

From Ryan's speech:

Let me say a word about the man Mitt Romney will replace. No one disputes President Obama inherited a difficult situation. And, in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better.

In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair.

This is the worst economic recovery in 70 years.

Unemployment has been above 8 percent for more than three years, the longest run since the Great Depression. Families are hurting.

We have the largest deficits and the biggest federal government since WW II.

Nearly 1 out of 6 Americans are in poverty--the worst rate in a generation. Moms and dads are struggling to make ends meet.

Household incomes have dropped by more than $4,000 over the past four years.

Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

Excerpts of Ryan's Speech

A little more:

The commitment Mitt Romney and I make to you is this:

We won't duck the tough issues...we will lead!

We won't blame others...we will take responsibility!

We won't replace our founding principles...we will reapply them!

We will honor you, our fellow citizens, by giving you the right and opportunity to make the choice:

What kind of country do we want to have?

What kind of people do we want to be?

We can turn this thing around. Real solutions can be delivered. But, it will take leadership. And the courage to tell you the truth.

There's no doubt that the true believers will wet their pants with excitement over the selection. I agree that it was a fairly bold move by Candidate Romney; but the way his stock has been dropping he had to do something to get the base back on board. I'm just not sure how this will play in Florida and Pennsylvania; and with seniors in particular.

Should Paul Ryan be running for President and Romney the VP?

Will Ayn Rand hurt him/them in the Bible Belt?

There is a school of thought that we have Bush the Younger and Cheney all over again. The Veep is the brains and the Prez wields the pen.

Doubtful that ten percent of the populace ever heard of Ayn Rand. If being of the Mormon faith didn't turn them off, Ayn Rand ain't gonna.

On your first question, yes.

On your second, no.

There's no doubt that the true believers will wet their pants with excitement over the selection. I agree that it was a fairly bold move by Candidate Romney; but the way his stock has been dropping he had to do something to get the base back on board. I'm just not sure how this will play in Florida and Pennsylvania; and with seniors in particular.

Agree that this will hurt Romney in Florida, a state I have predicted he would win.