Top Coaches

I definitely feel like Szabo has to be mentioned as one of the top coaches. He took over a basketball program that had never been to the Sweet 16, was perpetually terrible and turned it around. 2 Sweet 16s and 1 title is nothing to sneeze at, especially coming out of the region that Trinity does. About 10 years ago, or a little longer, no one even talked about Trintiy basketball except maybe to laugh about it. Now it has become a great program in a state full of great programs.

I agree, and I think I read an article somewhere that he is the most successful coach in the big 3 tourneys in Kentucky. I think the King of Bluegrass, the 5th/3rd, and the LIT "I THINK" were the ones mentioned. Don't blast me if I am wrong as I don't have time right this second to research and find the article. I will if I need to later on, but he definitely has done a great job. Didn't he win a state title in Texas before coming to Trinity???

I agree, and I think I read an article somewhere that he is the most successful coach in the big 3 tourneys in Kentucky. I think the King of Bluegrass, the 5th/3rd, and the LIT "I THINK" were the ones mentioned. Don't blast me if I am wrong as I don't have time right this second to research and find the article. I will if I need to later on, but he definitely has done a great job. Didn't he win a state title in Texas before coming to Trinity???

I'll be honest, I can't remember what state he came from before he was at Trinity. All remember is that he wasn't local.

I'll be honest, I can't remember what state he came from before he was at Trinity. All remember is that he wasn't local.

Texas....and the reason he has a better record in recent years is because Trinity has been able to lure better basketball players.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been attending the State Tournament since 1998, and here's my list (alphabetically) all of the coaches might not have enjoyed the peak of their success during the time I have been watching, but all have won their region multiple times, and most have a championship on their resume.

Ron Bevars - North Hardin

Wayne Breeden - Owensboro

Dave Fraley - Knott County (Pulaski Co)

Lloyd Gardner - Fairdale

Danny Haney - Lexington Catholic

Billy Hicks - Scott County

Bobby Keith - Clay County

Mike Listerman - Covington Catholic

Dale Mabrey - PRP

Chris Renner - Ballard

Tim Riley - Warren Central

Kerry Stovall - Christian County