Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin. Thread 2.

Featured Replies

I see you missed the part where I said if Trayvon were older there would be a huge difference. These cases aren't similar at all so this is a bad example. Unarmed kid and unarmed man are two completely different scenarios IMO. Does Arizona have Stand Your Ground laws?
I didn't miss anything. Trayvon being 25 changes things how?
  • Replies 318
  • Views 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His statement to the Martin family completely contradicts that. So there's one lie he's been already caught in.

 

Any of you Zimmerman supporters want to take a stab at defending this?

Any of you Zimmerman supporters want to take a stab at defending this?

 

I haven't seen anyone who is a "Zimmerman supporter."

 

This isn't the only claim he's made that hasn't been consistent.

 

He's given multiple accounts of how they came to be face-to-face that haven't been consistent as well.

I didn't miss anything. Trayvon being 25 changes things how?

 

It's more believable for a 25 year old to beat up a 28 year old even if the 28 year old outweighs the 25 year old. I've said it before and I'll say it again....I have a hard time believing a 17 year old can get the advantage in a fist fight over a 28 year old. And any 28 year old whose 'life is in danger' from a 17 year old that he outweighs is a sorry individual. Period. And then he had to shoot him and kill him to save his life? Pathetic.

 

And that's not taking into account all of the other info we have about this story.

It's more believable for a 25 year old to beat up a 28 year old even if the 28 year old outweighs the 25 year old. I've said it before and I'll say it again....I have a hard time believing a 17 year old can get the advantage in a fist fight over a 28 year old. And any 28 year old whose 'life is in danger' from a 17 year old that he outweighs is a sorry individual. Period. And then he had to shoot him and kill him to save his life? Pathetic.

 

Come on. You don't walk down the streets of Danville and see guys that could easily be whipped by a high school kid?

Look, 85 thinks he's breaking news here. No one with a brain disagrees with any of the above.

 

Quite the contrary, elder. Go through the first Trayvon thread. I said the same thing and several posters quickly disagreed. Some of those posters were in this same thread agreeing with you. So in regards to the brain thing, elder...

Any of you Zimmerman supporters want to take a stab at defending this?

 

I'm not a Zimmerman supporter. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I don't have that kind of information available. There have been so many misstatements, omissions, backtracks, and in some cases out right deception by the media and others involved with this. As more and more has come out, people are beginning to question what is and isn’t true. That’s one of the reasons public opinion has swung so wildly.

 

What I support is innocent until proven guilty. Just like with OJ. Zimmerman doesn't have to prove innocence, the prosecutor has to prove guilt. What everyone believes is irrelevant.

 

I do think he should and will be convicted of something, I’m just not sure what it will be.

Any of you Zimmerman supporters want to take a stab at defending this?

 

I'm not a Zimmerman supporter but I will ask what is there to defend? In his apology he said "I thought he was a little younger then me". 28 - ? In the 911 call he said late teens = ?

 

19 years old versus 22, 23, 24, ect...

 

Maybe once they were face to face he thought Martin was older then he originally thought. Who knows, who cares. I don't think it has bearing on the case. Like Clyde said there are other statements that have more bearing on the case that he has been inconsistent with. What about all the witnesses changing there story? Or Martin's dad first saying it wasn't his son yelling for help but now saying it was.

Come on. You don't walk down the streets of Danville and see guys that could easily be whipped by a high school kid?

 

I live outside of Danville in a neighborhood with 5 cops in it. Nobody I see who would call themselves a neighborhood watch patrolman would get whipped by a 17 year old that they outweigh. And if they thought they might I bet they'd be smart enough to let the cops handle it if the dispatcher told them to. They wouldn't follow him with a gun if they thought they could handle him. I live in a small neighborhood and we had a rash of break ins a couple of years ago. No one in my neighborhood would have acted like Zimmerman. They'd have gone to one of the neighboring cops and said could you check out that suspicious looking kid walking down the sidewalk? Thank you, officer.

Come on. You don't walk down the streets of Danville and see guys that could easily be whipped by a high school kid?

 

If you were told to wait in your car for the police to check out the kid and you thought he might whip you would you still leave the car with your loaded weapon to check on the kid even after the dispatcher said, "we got this Clizzy, be easy." I wouldn't. I enjoy living and breathing and if I was that suspicious of him to call the police in the first place I definitely am not leaving my vehicle with my glock to check on him. People get paid to do that. I'm just a volunteer without healthcare keeping an eye on my neighborhood.

Shoot, I've seen more than my share of slightly older, bigger guys get absolutely lit up by younger, smaller guys. Speed kills sometimes...

Shoot, I've seen more than my share of slightly older, bigger guys get absolutely lit up by younger, smaller guys. Speed kills sometimes...

 

This conversation has become absurd. Of course a 17 year old "kid" can win a fight against an older person. I'm not saying this happened but if GZ asked what he was doing there and the answer was a right hook to gain the advantage I'd take the 17 year old almost every time.

This conversation has become absurd. Of course a 17 year old "kid" can win a fight against an older person. I'm not saying this happened but if GZ asked what he was doing there and the answer was a right hook to gain the advantage I'd take the 17 year old almost every time.

 

If GZ had time and opportunity to pull out his gun and shoot then he had time to gain an advantage in the fight without killing him.

 

My 18 year old son is shorter than I am and weighs less than I do. He squats over 400 pounds and can bench 235. I am 37. I have no clue what I can bench but I ain't putting up 235. I have been in a total of 3 fights and my record is 1-1-1. He can't whip me. Period. GZ is a sucka for getting handled by a 17 year old and any grown man who gets handled by a 17 year old kid that they outweigh is a sucka. Period.

  • Author
Any of you Zimmerman supporters want to take a stab at defending this?

 

I am sorry but that is grossly unfair to characterize every person as a "Zimmerman supporter" simply because we are seeing the evidence as we know it now to get a Murder 2 conviction differently. The implication is that because we do not see it the same way as you or 85 does that we "support" all the actions he, George Zimmerman took that evening. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Differentiating between the actions he took leading up to the crime scene and during the altercation with the existing evidence in place to get a murder conviction are totally different.

  • Author
If GZ had time and opportunity to pull out his gun and shoot then he had time to gain an advantage in the fight without killing him.

 

My 18 year old son is shorter than I am and weighs less than I do. He squats over 400 pounds and can bench 235. I am 37. I have no clue what I can bench but I ain't putting up 235. I have been in a total of 3 fights and my record is 1-1-1. He can't whip me. Period. GZ is a sucka for getting handled by a 17 year old and any grown man who gets handled by a 17 year old kid that they outweigh is a sucka. Period.

There are many weenies and a lot of suckas out there. If it were all about age and size there would be no debate necessary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.