Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin. Thread 2.

Featured Replies

I just had no clue we had this many attorneys on Bluegrasspreps. The shame of it all is that there is little grasp on how the American legal system works. I hope I'm never on trial with about 50% of posters in this thread. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

 

Might as well be on the same jury. You paid the same money to join BGP. So apparently we both either make rational or irrational decisions.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just had no clue we had this many attorneys on Bluegrasspreps. The shame of it all is that there is little grasp on how the American legal system works. I hope I'm never on trial with about 50% of posters in this thread. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

 

Might as well be on the same jury. You paid the same money to join BGP. So apparently we both either make rational or irrational decisions.

 

What? I don't follow your post.

Even if he is on the ground (getting head slammed into the ground and worked over MMA style), I struggle to see how he was able to manuever enough to reach down, remove his gun from whatever he was carrying it in, remove the safety (I would assume he'd have had that on), point it at Martin's chest, and pull the trigger.

 

Saying all that, if he were able to do so, I can't imagine him not being able to manuever enough to get out from under Martin and flee.

 

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!!
Disagree. It's not at all hard to imagine. It's not that tough to reach your waist, grab your gun, unlock the safety, point and shoot. If you've never fired a gun, I can fathom your not understanding. If you have, I think you're kidding yourself.
Disagree. It's not at all hard to imagine. It's not that tough to reach your waist, grab your gun, unlock the safety, point and shoot. If you've never fired a gun, I can fathom your not understanding. If you have, I think you're kidding yourself.

 

But for all that to have happened, Zimmerman would have to have removed himself from under Trayvon's lifeless or near-lifeless body. Forensics will be able to tell whether or not Trayvon's body lay as if he were standing or on hhis knees at the time of the shooting. The angle of the entry wound will say a lot as well.

 

But I do disagree, it just seems unlikely to be able to reach for a gun with a guy on your chest, pounding your head in the ground. Especially, where trayvon's entry wound is. But the end point of UKM's point is missed. If you can do all that, just get the guy off of you. (Maybe Zimmerman did that, and then shot Trayvon while standing.) Hmmm.

Disagree. It's not at all hard to imagine. It's not that tough to reach your waist, grab your gun, unlock the safety, point and shoot. If you've never fired a gun, I can fathom your not understanding. If you have, I think you're kidding yourself.

 

 

So if he could reach it and pull it out couldn't he just point the gun at Trayvon and say, 'get off me or I'll shoot?' He had the wherewithal to pull it out so he got the upper hand at some point. I've fired a few guns but I can't imagine being able to pull it out from my waist and delivering a kill shot to the chest while my attacker is on top of me MMA style pounding my head into the pavement beating me so badly that I fear my life. I've seen many guys get their head pounded into the ground MMA style and those dudes were lifeless piles of humanity with no ability to pull their pants up let alone pull out a gun and shoot the attacker.

 

I'm with 85's thoughts in post 184 on this one.

So if he could reach it and pull it out couldn't he just pointed the gun at Trayvon and said, 'get off me or I'll shoot?'

 

I'm with 85's thoughts in post 184 on this one.

 

There are multiple options we can look back and guess that he could have done differently. Doesn't make it illegal that he chose the option he did.

There are multiple options we can look back and guess that he could have done differently. Doesn't make it illegal that he chose the option he did.

 

Sure. If that's how it played out. I just don't believe his story and I anxiously await the proof that the story played out like it did. Just sounds far fetched to me.

There are multiple options we can look back and guess that he could have done differently. Doesn't make it illegal that he chose the option he did.

 

As for now, the option he chose is illegal, hence the arrest.

Sure. If that's how it played out. I just don't believe his story and I anxiously await the proof that the story played out like it did. Just sounds far fetched to me.

 

Zimmerman story reminds me of the shirts the Jamaicans were wearing in Bad Boys 2 and in Jamaica when I went there. The story, like the shirts, has many, many holes.

 

Zimmerman said he was screaming. I'm saying it's Trayvon, after Zimmerman brandishes the weapon, after Trayvon and Zimmerman went at it "MMA-style" as a witness says. Zimmerman got out from the boy, they rise to their feet. Zimmerman panicked, realized he was short on time because he called police and fired. As I said, for him to have shot Trayvon from on his back, means he shot Trayvon, and removed himself from under Trayvon's dying body. After removing himself from under the body, he then straddles the body as it lie face down. I don't buy it, either. Any other scenario suggests that Trayvon was in a retreat or surrender mode or Zimmerman's life was not in danger as he was able to manuever himself out of Trayvon's advantage.

 

"You can pour syrup on a pile of poop, but that won't make it taste like pancakes." - Oran "Juice" Jones in the movie "Juice"

 

As for now, the option he chose is illegal, hence the arrest.

 

Ever heard of the saying "innocent until proven guilty"?

Ever heard of the saying "innocent until proven guilty"?

 

"You can pour syrup on a pile of poop, but that won't make it taste like pancakes." - Oran "Juice" Jones in the movie "Juice"

But for all that to have happened, Zimmerman would have to have removed himself from under Trayvon's lifeless or near-lifeless body. Forensics will be able to tell whether or not Trayvon's body lay as if he were standing or on hhis knees at the time of the shooting. The angle of the entry wound will say a lot as well.

 

But I do disagree, it just seems unlikely to be able to reach for a gun with a guy on your chest, pounding your head in the ground. Especially, where trayvon's entry wound is. But the end point of UKM's point is missed. If you can do all that, just get the guy off of you. (Maybe Zimmerman did that, and then shot Trayvon while standing.) Hmmm.

You're expecting people to react rationally in the heat of the moment. Let's be honest, how often does that happen? Are you saying when he was shot he couldn't have fallen back or off to one side? Look, I'm not taking one side or the other, just pointing out that what's being claimed by some as nearly impossible, really is much easier than you may think.
So if he could reach it and pull it out couldn't he just point the gun at Trayvon and say, 'get off me or I'll shoot?' He had the wherewithal to pull it out so he got the upper hand at some point. I've fired a few guns but I can't imagine being able to pull it out from my waist and delivering a kill shot to the chest while my attacker is on top of me MMA style pounding my head into the pavement beating me so badly that I fear my life. I've seen many guys get their head pounded into the ground MMA style and those dudes were lifeless piles of humanity with no ability to pull their pants up let alone pull out a gun and shoot the attacker.

 

I'm with 85's thoughts in post 184 on this one.

I've shot countless times, I sure can imagine it.

Again, it all happened quickly, I'm sure. Not saying who is guilty or innocent, I'll leave that to the courts. I'm just realistic enough to know that, in the heat of the moment, many things are possible and most people don't think rationally. We're not talking about trained MMA guys, just two average Joes.

You're expecting people to react rationally in the heat of the moment. Let's be honest, how often does that happen? Are saying when he was shot he couldn't have fallen back or off to one side? Look, I'm not taking one side or the other, just pointing out that what's being claimed by some as nearly impossible, really is much easier than you may think.

 

Anything is possible. Ask Antonio Alfonseca.

Anything is possible. Ask Antonio Alfonseca.
Then you agree with me. Good man. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.