Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin. Thread 2.

Featured Replies

PP92. PP92. You've called me PP82 twice now. :lol:

 

PP92. I graduated in 1992 not 1982. You trying to make me 47? :D

 

:lol:

  • Replies 318
  • Views 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does a kid become old enough to whip an older man. If Martin was 18, therefore a man, would he then be able to whip GZ. I can look to left and right of me at work, I can see at least 5 people in their late 20's/early 30's I would put my money on a high school kid.

When does a kid become old enough to whip an older man. If Martin was 18, therefore a man, would he then be able to whip GZ. I can look to left and right of me at work, I can see at least 5 people in their late 20's/early 30's I would put my money on a high school kid.

 

Do you think those people would follow the high school kid they think is suspicious looking, call the cops on him, be told to let the cops take care of the kid, disobey the request and then follow the kid on foot? Would those guys you think would get whipped by a 17 year old would exhibit this kind of behavior? All under the guise of neighborhood watch guy?

PP92. PP92. You've called me PP82 twice now. :lol:

 

PP92. I graduated in 1992 not 1982. You trying to make me 47? :D

Sorry PP62, been a long day. :D
So you , I, 85, and almost every other BGPer wouldn't do it.

 

So what?

 

 

I was replying to the post below.

 

 

Come on. You don't walk down the streets of Danville and see guys that could easily be whipped by a high school kid?

 

My reply again.

 

 

I live outside of Danville in a neighborhood with 5 cops in it. Nobody I see who would call themselves a neighborhood watch patrolman would get whipped by a 17 year old that they outweigh. And if they thought they might I bet they'd be smart enough to let the cops handle it if the dispatcher told them to. They wouldn't follow him with a gun if they thought they could handle him. I live in a small neighborhood and we had a rash of break ins a couple of years ago. No one in my neighborhood would have acted like Zimmerman. They'd have gone to one of the neighboring cops and said could you check out that suspicious looking kid walking down the sidewalk? Thank you, officer.

 

Those guys I see walking down the streets that would get whipped by a 17 year old wouldn't have put themselves in the same situation that GZ did. They know they'd get whipped.

Where's the proof that he (Martin) was on top of him when the gun was fired?
I don't have to prove it. That is what GZ claim's and it is up to the prosecution to prove differently. That said, my post was based on the assumption GZ was on bottom. I assumed PP92 and your post were as well. If not then we are in agreement. If GZ was on top or both were standing then he should have ran.
Sorry PP62, been a long day. :D

 

:lol:

 

It's all good woodshider. Been a long day here too. Shoot. Long week. :D

I don't have to prove it. That is what GZ claim's and it is up to the prosecution to prove differently. That said, my post was based on the assumption GZ was on bottom. I assumed PP92 and your post were as well. If not then we are in agreement. If GZ was on top or both were standing then he should have ran.

 

Even if he is on the ground (getting head slammed into the ground and worked over MMA style), I struggle to see how he was able to manuever enough to reach down, remove his gun from whatever he was carrying it in, remove the safety (I would assume he'd have had that on), point it at Martin's chest, and pull the trigger.

 

Saying all that, if he were able to do so, I can't imagine him not being able to manuever enough to get out from under Martin and flee.

No. The general rule of thumb has always been black man+white woman= black baby. President Obama has always been known as the first black President. Not the first biracial President.

 

Technically you are correct but Zimmerman is a white male to me. Nothing screams Hispanic about Zimmerman to me. When I say Zimmerman is white that is in my opinion and how he appears to me. If he's half Hispanic to you then that is your opinion. If Obama is the first biracial President to you then that's cool to. He's the first black President to me.

 

Or the 40 something white president. :cool:

Shoot, I've seen more than my share of slightly older, bigger guys get absolutely lit up by younger, smaller guys. Speed kills sometimes...

 

Don't think Martin was smaller, just weighed less. I thought I saw something where he was a few inches taller than Zimmerman.

Don't think Martin was smaller, just weighed less. I thought I saw something where he was a few inches taller than Zimmerman.

 

I think I read he was 6'4" maybe. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Even if he is on the ground (getting head slammed into the ground and worked over MMA style), I struggle to see how he was able to manuever enough to reach down, remove his gun from whatever he was carrying it in, remove the safety (I would assume he'd have had that on), point it at Martin's chest, and pull the trigger.

 

Saying all that, if he were able to do so, I can't imagine him not being able to manuever enough to get out from under Martin and flee.

 

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!!

Even if he is on the ground (getting head slammed into the ground and worked over MMA style), I struggle to see how he was able to manuever enough to reach down, remove his gun from whatever he was carrying it in, remove the safety (I would assume he'd have had that on), point it at Martin's chest, and pull the trigger.

 

Saying all that, if he were able to do so, I can't imagine him not being able to manuever enough to get out from under Martin and flee.

 

Has his version of how did come to get the gun been made public? That will be interesting.

 

If doubt is placed upon his story (assuming he says he didn't have it out and then got it out) then that will certainly hurt any self-defense claim. To doubt his story would be to believe that he had his gun out BEFORE the confrontation. That would cause doubt as to his claim that he got blindsided by the initial punch.

Even if he is on the ground (getting head slammed into the ground and worked over MMA style), I struggle to see how he was able to manuever enough to reach down, remove his gun from whatever he was carrying it in, remove the safety (I would assume he'd have had that on), point it at Martin's chest, and pull the trigger.

 

Saying all that, if he were able to do so, I can't imagine him not being able to manuever enough to get out from under Martin and flee.

Your over selling how hard it would be to pull and gun and shot someone that is on top of you and under selling how easy it would be to get away from someone on top of you beating you.
Your over selling how hard it would be to pull and gun and shot someone that is on top of you and under selling how easy it would be to get away from someone on top of you beating you.

 

If you have the wherewithal to pull the gun and make a kill shot then how hard is your head being pounded into the pavement?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.