Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin. Thread 2.

Featured Replies

No. The general rule of thumb has always been black man+white woman= black baby. President Obama has always been known as the first black President. Not the first biracial President.

 

Technically you are correct but Zimmerman is a white male to me. Nothing screams Hispanic about Zimmerman to me. When I say Zimmerman is white that is in my opinion and how he appears to me. If he's half Hispanic to you then that is your opinion. If Obama is the first biracial President to you then that's cool to. He's the first black President to me.

 

It's not my opinion that Zimmerman is half Hispanic, it's fact. Your statement would seem to imply that anyone who has any kind of black heritage is black, and any person other than that that has some sort of white heritage is white.

 

And all this time I thought I was half native American and half German. I didn't realize I was just another white guy.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not my opinion that Zimmerman is half Hispanic, it's fact. Your statement would seem to imply that anyone who has any kind of black heritage is black, and any person other than that that has some sort of white heritage is white.

 

And all this time I thought I was half native American and half German. I didn't realize I was just another white guy.

 

A biracial kid will get called a racial epithet that starts with an N just as quick and just as easy as a black person. That's a fact. And general rule of thumb. Only people older than me even concern themselves with their heritage anyways. I bet Zimmerman calls himself white. I bet his black friends call him white and I bet his Hispnanic friends call him white. His last name is Zimmerman. Maybe if his last name was Hernandez or Rodriguez he'd get more play for his Hispanic roots but he looks like a white dude to me. Last name Zimmerman seals it for me.

To be clear is this an 85 FACT or is this a supposition because it sounds like a wacked out theory.

 

Call it what you want elder, but I've felt during the 9-1-1 calls saying Trayvoin had erractic behavior, Zimmerman was setting his scene. Now the video of Trayvon has the boy walking and acting fine. Go check the first thread. You like me, don't you. You wanna be in front of one day and watch icon repy to threads. Yes you do, elder.

Just to be accurate, the ACT does NOT punish you for guessing wrong.

 

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

 

I stand corrected. Have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

But the point is Zimmerman profiled incorrectly, and therefore guessed. needs to be punished.

Call it what you want elder, but I've felt during the 9-1-1 calls saying Trayvoin had erractic behavior, Zimmerman was setting his scene. Now the video of Trayvon has the boy walking and acting fine. Go check the first thread. You like me, don't you. You wanna be in front of one day and watch icon repy to threads. Yes you do, elder.

 

Free advice: Your desire to be cute, humorous, and wordy distracts from any intelligent discussion that you put forth.

 

You could have a valid point on the set up but I can't wrap my ahead around the rest of the crap you put forth.

The reason why your 16 year old son can't whip you is because you have your grown man strength. he can lift all the weights he wants to, but your grown man strength can still handle your son. Basically, when I was 28, a kid slim as Trayvon would get killed - with my bare hands if we were to scuffle.

Free advice: Your desire to be cute, humorous, and wordy distracts from any intelligent discussion that you put forth.

 

You could have a valid point on the set up but I can't wrap my ahead around the rest of the crap you put forth.

 

At some point, elder, you have confused me with a man whom likes to repeat himself. It gets old. Everything I've said in here, I've said in the first Trayvon thread, just recycled based on the wording of your ridiculous questions. BTW, you never answered is black life debateable to you? I've answered all your questions, withstood all your insults, slights, fake pyschoanalysis and yet you can't reciprocate the love. What gives, elder? Answer my questions proposed to you.

What's with 85 calling Clyde elder over and over and over again?

The "avoidable" part is interesting.

 

It came avoidable as soon as Zimmerman got out of his car. So that in and of itself doesn't seem like enough. I'm far from a legal expert but I don't think the fact he didn't listen AND the fact he confronted Trayvon is enough. The jury will need to have facts presented to them that show Trayvon was physically confronted before he did anything. I'm not sure if "feeling threatened" is enough as it's too vague. Some people feel threatened when they see a black kid walking down the sidewalk or a skinhead.

 

You add in the "beyond reasonable doubt" part and what we've heard so far doesn't seem to meet that threshold. As I said in the other thread I hope the prosecutor has more we haven't heard. You can't convict a guy for simply being a bad guy who hates blacks and is a police wannabe.[/quote

]

 

I question your opinion that Zimmerman hated blacks. Did he not volunteer in an organization that helped with black kids?

Edited by rockmom

Free advice: Your desire to be cute, humorous, and wordy distracts from any intelligent discussion that you put forth.

 

You could have a valid point on the set up but I can't wrap my ahead around the rest of the crap you put forth.

 

Everything is not for everyone. You have to be from it to know about it.

What's with 85 calling Clyde elder over and over and over again?

 

I HEARD he was a slightly older gentlemen. That's the closest I can get to calling him sir, since I don't know him.

Call it what you want elder, but I've felt during the 9-1-1 calls saying Trayvoin had erractic behavior, Zimmerman was setting his scene. Now the video of Trayvon has the boy walking and acting fine. Go check the first thread. You like me, don't you. You wanna be in front of one day and watch icon repy to threads. Yes you do, elder.

 

You won't see a response to that question. I have a limit on how much silliness I can reply to.

Let's see, we're about down to summer baseball, football doesn't start up for almost 3 months and the presidential election will be boring unless something out of the ordinary comes up. What else we have other than this trial? That is, for those of us who are not huge NBA or MLB fans.

You won't see a response to that question. I have a limit on how much silliness I can reply to.

 

That is how I feel about your questions, yet I answer them, elder. Why? Because I love you as much as one straight man whom has never seen you and wouldn't know you if you came by and bit me on the nose, could love another man, elder.

Since you are so into supposition and want to assume that I have wacko theories, yank people's chain and want to suggest that you are not being partial and do not have your mind made up, elder I ask why such strong opinions when a black child is murdered? Does my constantly pushing the human element of this case get under your skin that bad, elder? How much do you empathize with Zimmerman, elder? Whom do you empathize with more, elder: Zimmerman or Martin's parents? When you first heard of this murder/incident/tragedy whatever, what were your initial thoughts, elder?

I just had no clue we had this many attorneys on Bluegrasspreps. The shame of it all is that there is little grasp on how the American legal system works. I hope I'm never on trial with about 50% of posters in this thread. Yikes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.