Happy Osborne is New Head Coach at Montgomery County

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for somebody to start this thread. It has been known for a couple of weeks he was going to be the new coach.

Happy is definitely a heck of a coach at the college level. Basketball is basketball, so I expect him to see a lot of success at Montgomery County. But, he will be dealing with issues you don't see at the college level with Montgomery County. I know a parent group led an attack of the previous coach because little Johnny (who was not good enough anyway) didn't get as much exposure as Mom and Dad wanted. And, Happy is more matter of fact that Tony Wise, so the parents and players better be ready.

I was waiting for somebody to start this thread. It has been known for a couple of weeks he was going to be the new coach.

Happy is definitely a heck of a coach at the college level. Basketball is basketball, so I expect him to see a lot of success at Montgomery County. But, he will be dealing with issues you don't see at the college level with Montgomery County. I know a parent group led an attack of the previous coach because little Johnny (who was not good enough anyway) didn't get as much exposure as Mom and Dad wanted. And, Happy is more matter of fact that Tony Wise, so the parents and players better be ready.

It'll be Happy's way this coming season. His way is a very good way, though. Those kids are going to learn a lot.