Happy Osborne is New Head Coach at Montgomery County

All public teacher pay is open record, but they can still make it difficult to find. In my district I know of administrators that show 75k, but make closer to 115k. Extended pay days, extra duties, stipends, etc can be hidden sources of income. I don't know what Happy makes nor do I care, but don't count on his published rate being his total income.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Montgomery County play this year in the Joe B Hall Classic played in the Montgomery County gym (a really cool gym by the way)???

If so, Happy will be the "show". He loves the bright lights.

What kind of squad will they have this year?

Does Montgomery County play this year in the Joe B Hall Classic played in the Montgomery County gym (a really cool gym by the way)???

If so, Happy will be the "show". He loves the bright lights.

What kind of squad will they have this year?

I believe that Montgomery Co is playing Trinity. Montgomery Co should be the favorite to win the region this year. They were last year too, but didn't win the district, and got beat in the semi-finals of the region.

When Scott Co got their first transfers... Rick Jones and then Scott Hundley... It was standing room only at Scott Co games. 14 years later the transfer deal has gotten old in Georgetown.

If Montgomery has a legit chance of winning the region this year, the MCHS Arena will be buzzing.

If the families move to Mt Sterling to play for a great coach like Happy, it is totally legal, and who can blame them? Think Hap might have a few college connections to help kids get scholarships?

So should we restrict a family's right to move?

Should a kid be penalized for his family moving to a new district?

Is is somehow unethical to try to better your situation within the rules?

I don't get it.

So should we restrict a family's right to move?

Should a kid be penalized for his family moving to a new district?

Is is somehow unethical to try to better your situation within the rules?

I don't get it.

I agree. As a former coach I use to get frustrated trying to beat Scott Co when they would get transfers. However I understood why kids wanted to play at Scott Co. Why wouldn't you? As a parent doesn't everybody want what is best for their kid?

I don't think anyone has a problem with legit moves. Should local kids be penalized and not get to play because 4 new kids are brought in to play basketball? Is it unethical to rent an apartment for a year and be there for a year? Is this a legitimate move? When kids moved from Fleming to Mont. Co, it was frowned upon by the people in Mont. Co., for good reason.

I don't think anyone has a problem with legit moves. Should local kids be penalized and not get to play because 4 new kids are brought in to play basketball? Is it unethical to rent an apartment for a year and be there for a year? Is this a legitimate move? When kids moved from Fleming to Mont. Co, it was frowned upon by the people in Mont. Co., for good reason.

I thought all the Fleming kids went to GRC...