Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No more Pro Bowl?

Featured Replies

This morning Chris Mortensen was saying as early as this year the Pro Bowl could be eliminated. Despite solid ratings, the Commissioner has expressed his embarrassment with the game. I felt like last season holding the awards show was a test run on what the NFL would like to do. Personally, I would like to see an awards show like how college football does. One issue is the incentive bonuses for making a Pro Bowl as negotiated by the Union. Nothing should stop the recognition of those players. It also eliminates the 5th or 6th QB from a league or other undeserving players from making the roster like David Garrarad and Vince Young recently.

I heard them talking about it on my way into work. I think it's a great idea however I don't really care if they keep doing it. I just won't watch if they do.

They could still name them Pro-Bowlers and just not have the game, that way the incentives aren't messed up. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a Pro Bowl. I'm honestly not sure if I ever have.

 

I would enjoy watching skills competitions though, which I know others have mentioned in regards to the topic.

Im ok with it. I would rather them go back and do those skill challenges and stuff they used to have.

Thank goodness.

 

 

Bring back skill challenges!!!!!

I haven't watched any significant portion of a Pro Bowl for at least 15 years.

  • Author
I haven't watched any significant portion of a Pro Bowl for at least 15 years.

I will watch for a bit, but not a whole lot. I think helps having a vested interest in the game. This board is a lot of Bengal fans and frankly the Bengals have not set the world on fire as far as pro bowl selections go, though it has increased. It still amazes me that it outdraws other all-star games and some pro sport finals. Guess it just shows the popularity of football, but it is a terrible display.

I watched some of the last one, and although this may sound like a contradiction, it was pretty much unwatchable. To see the best players in the game (for the most part) go through the motions in that fashion was excrutiating.

The pro-bowl is stupid. Do away with it.

I haven't watched any significant portion of a Pro Bowl for at least 15 years.

 

When I saw this thread I was wondering how long it's been since I watched it. I'm 48. My guess is it was when I was a teenager.

Worst all star game, players hate it and are scared they might get hurt.

Worst all star game, players hate it and are scared they might get hurt.

But I think they and their families like the Hawaii aspect of it.

But I think they and their families like the Hawaii aspect of it.

 

Is that why they're beating each other up to turn down invitations?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.