World Peace, eh?

You guys are ridiculous. Harden is walking towards the baseline to take the in bounds. He catches Artest coming towards him and puts an arm up to absorb the impact. That contact happens ALL THE TIME when a guard is running down to take the in bounds pass and the other player is running back to get on D. Trying to blame Harden for anything proves that you're absolutely incapable of being impartial here.

To go even further...go back and look at the video. The ball was already taken out of bounds and was being prepared to be thrown in and Harden was not the recipient of the pass. I change my stance.....he had no business at all going towards the out of bounds line other than to make some kind of contact in the celebration. Petty gamesmanship at play. Happens all the time and Harden chose a crazy human being to exercise that petty gamesmanship on and paid the unfortunate price. Lesson of the day....stay away from crazy people.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artest is without a doubt the biggest punk in the NBA. To me, it's clear that he knew what he was doing and I do not know how anyone can blame Harden by saying that he invaded "the punk's" personal space. Just because he is a punk and everyone knows that doesn't mean that they have to avoid him and stay out of his way so he can do whatever he wants. Artest is the one with the problem and he needs to adapt to the world around him. He needs a life long suspension from the NBA. Some guys never learn and he has been given more chances than he deserves to turn it around.

Celebration excuse is lame. He did do the Tarzan chest thump but the elbow he gave Harden was not in relation to that. After the game and in his twitter response to the incident he kept playing the I was just celebrating ooops thing. Yeah he did celebrate by doing the chest thump, but then there was a pause and then he threw the elbow. The way he was chest thumping was not even close to the same motion he used to throw the bow, I mean that elbow was Jon Jones esque.

All other points in the thread are valid IMO. Harden probably should have just stayed out of his way to begin with. Artest may not have intended to get the head shot like he did, but he did try to catch him with the Bow. He should get 2-3 games on the bench in street clothes and then play ball again. If I am David Stern though I have a long sit down with him and let him know as much as his record is filling out he needs to know any future actions could lead to a major suspension from the NBA.

If I am David Stern though I have a long sit down with him and let him know as much as his record is filling out he needs to know any future actions could lead to a major suspension from the NBA.

I think they had that talk about 6 years ago :D

To go even further...go back and look at the video. The ball was already taken out of bounds and was being prepared to be thrown in and Harden was not the recipient of the pass. I change my stance.....he had no business at all going towards the out of bounds line other than to make some kind of contact in the celebration. Petty gamesmanship at play. Happens all the time and Harden chose a crazy human being to exercise that petty gamesmanship on and paid the unfortunate price. Lesson of the day....stay away from crazy people.

:lol:

I normally stay away from the Pro boards because I really don't care, but you're pretty awesome here. Harden was absolutely going to receive the pass. Not sure how you can say he wasn't the recipient since the pass was never thrown.

The in bounder is looking at Harden BEFORE the elbow is thrown, so he absolutely was going to receive it (or at least be an option).

After watching it a few more times to satisfy myself that you're insane and not me, you can also see Harden start to back away in the split second before Artest runs into him. Obviously Harden is the aggressor and Artest is a poor misunderstood soul that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :lol:

I think they had that talk about 6 years ago :D

I know, its been too long. :lol:

That's why you just can't boot him from the league or suspend him for the rest of the season because of this. It has been a long time since Ron Ron has acted out and for the most part has been alright since the Malice. So to me you give him what you would any other player in the league who committed the same act but let it be known next time his past will be taken into account.

:lol:

I normally stay away from the Pro boards because I really don't care, but you're pretty awesome here. Harden was absolutely going to receive the pass. Not sure how you can say he wasn't the recipient since the pass was never thrown.

The in bounder is looking at Harden BEFORE the elbow is thrown, so he absolutely was going to receive it (or at least be an option).

After watching it a few more times to satisfy myself that you're insane and not me, you can also see Harden start to back away in the split second before Artest runs into him. Obviously Harden is the aggressor and Artest is a poor misunderstood soul that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :lol:

You're right. Ibaka was going to inbound the ball to Harden and not the absolutely wide open point guard Russell Westbrook. My fault. I thought Westbrook was the point guard but I see you have elevated the league's best 6th man from shooting guard to the point guard. Thanks for informing me of the Thunder's personnel change. I missed it.

I know, its been too long. :lol:

That's why you just can't boot him from the league or suspend him for the rest of the season because of this. It has been a long time since Ron Ron has acted out and for the most part has been alright since the Malice. So to me you give him what you would any other player in the league who committed the same act but let it be known next time his past will be taken into account.

His past has to be taken into account. I'll be shocked if he plays again this year and could almost see him being banned permanently as the fallout increases.

Didn't say it wasn't. Just pointing out that had he hit Harden in the shoulder then it would be pooh poohed over like Wade's intentional assault on Rip Hamilton last week.

And had he hit him flush in the face we could be in Kermit Washington territory.

I say sit him through the first series. That would be anywhere from 5-8 games total. Oddly the Lakers do not play but one more game, and that game is not until Thursday.

I say 5 games. Last game of the regular season and first 4 of the first playoff round.

You're right. Ibaka was going to inbound the ball to Harden and not the absolutely wide open point guard Russell Westbrook. My fault. I thought Westbrook was the point guard but I see you have elevated the league's best 6th man from shooting guard to the point guard. Thanks for informing me of the Thunder's personnel change. I missed it.

Doesn't mean Harden wasn't walking back to take the inbounds pass. Players do that all the time. And by that I mean run towards the ball until they realize the PG is right next to them.

Harden did not initiate any contact on purpose. He didn't shove Artest. He didn't deserve an elbow in the head.

Saying he should avoid the lunatic is ridiculous. Should he just let him score when he has the ball too? I mean he is crazy he might start throwing elbows on his way to the hoop. Might as well let him go so you don't get hit.

That's a load of bull.