World Peace, eh?

I had a bit of an impression about your Laker/Kobe obsession from what I pick up over on the college board, but this is ridiculous. It's Harden's job to avoid Artest? In what universe? He was paying zero attention to Artest until he realized Artest was going to run into him (incidentally, like happens dozens of times every game).

Watch the play. Harden is trailing and after the dunk, starts walking towards the baseline to be an option to receive the in bounds pass. He is watching the ball the entire time until Artest is right on top of him. He never even turns his head to look at Artest and you're painting Harden as the aggressor. Classic. I now know to ignore everything you post on the college side.

Harden stops after the inbounder gets the ball and makes no effort to move anywhere, he doesnt not make an effort to move around Artest either before they run into each other, or intially after they run into each other. For a player that is planning to receive the ball on the inbound, Harden sure puts him self in a really bad position.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bit of an impression about your Laker/Kobe obsession from what I pick up over on the college board, but this is ridiculous. It's Harden's job to avoid Artest? In what universe? He was paying zero attention to Artest until he realized Artest was going to run into him (incidentally, like happens dozens of times every game).

Watch the play. Harden is trailing and after the dunk, starts walking towards the baseline to be an option to receive the in bounds pass. He is watching the ball the entire time until Artest is right on top of him. He never even turns his head to look at Artest and you're painting Harden as the aggressor. Classic. I now know to ignore everything you post on the college side.

Where did I say he was the aggressor? Post number on that one please. I'll wait.

Good. Ignore me. The less of you misconstruing my posts the better. Too many people on here who know how to conversate than to have to worry about trying to explain myself and my views to you.

Harden was probably going to get in the way of Artest but it really doesn't matter.

But i does, if Harden goes for the ball and not Artest, there is no initial contact, and Artest doesnt throw the elbow. Its like a multi car accident, if the first car doesnt have an issue or cause the accident, there never is an accident.

Artest should be suspended for his actions no doubt, there is no need in any level of basketball for an elbow like that, however like I posted earilier, dont jump in front of the crazy guy if you dont want him going cray on you.

But i does, if Harden goes for the ball and not Artest, there is no initial contact, and Artest doesnt throw the elbow. Its like a multi car accident, if the first car doesnt have an issue or cause the accident, there never is an accident.

Artest should be suspended for his actions no doubt, there is no need in any level of basketball for an elbow like that, however like I posted earilier, dont jump in front of the crazy guy if you dont want him going cray on you.

That's like blaming Ibaka for not blocking the dunk because if he did Artest wouldn't have been celebrating. There is no way to know for sure if Harden was doing that.

I didn't see the play and haven't seen anything that transpired after the elbow, but my question is, how in the world did the Thunder allow him to walk off the court? He should've been attacked and dealt with by guys like Ibaka and/or Perk.

Probably because they were smart enough to think and realize that a few games suspension wasn't worth potentially throwing away their chance of a championship.

Once again making excuses for Artest because he's crazy. If he's that crazy he doesn't need to be playing professional basketball. Players run into each other all the time, it happens. Harden did nothing wrong but you are acting like its his fault he got elbowed.

Harden put his hands up to avoid what he thought was going to be incidental contact. A Brushing of shoulders almost. The lunatic then saw that as a opportunity to try and hurt him.

And if you have to keep your head on a swivel every time Ron Artest scores perhaps he just doesn't need to play anymore. God forbid an innocent player get in Artests way while he is celebrating.

My head would be on a swivel if I was eating at the same restaurant as Ron Artest let alone playing a game with him. This is the problem with you and mobaar though. You guys have your thoughts and views on what happened and regardless what anybody thinks they may see or rationalize out of the situation they are wrong and that's a load of bull. Whatever. I'll see what I want to see. Not one time have I said Harden deserved the elbow. Not one time have I said Artest is an angel. Not one time have I said he shouldn't be suspended. Not one time have I said Artest is innocent. I did say, or better yet agree with Bugatti that what Harden did was petty gamesmanship. I also said Harden should have known better fooling around with the craziest man in the history all of sports. I'm not believing for one second that Harden was going to be an option for the inbounds pass when he plays with Russell Westbrook. Westbrook doesn't let anybody bring the ball up when he is on the court. Ever. When Harden and Artest made contact it was a full two seconds after Artest dunked it. Why in the world is Harden walking in Artest's direction to receive an inbounds pass? That alone makes no sense. But again, people will see what they want to see so whatever. It is what it is.

That's like blaming Ibaka for not blocking the dunk because if he did Artest wouldn't have been celebrating. There is no way to know for sure if Harden was doing that.

So how can anybody argue either way? People are going to see what they want to see. Period.

Once again making excuses for Artest because he's crazy. If he's that crazy he doesn't need to be playing professional basketball. Players run into each other all the time, it happens. Harden did nothing wrong but you are acting like its his fault he got elbowed.

Yeah, pointing out he could have avoided Artest means it's all his fault.

I mean he's a world class athlete and all but no way can he sidestep Artest. No, of course not. Let me bump him because that's what we do all the time. Clumsy world class athlete NBA players.

Harden stops after the inbounder gets the ball and makes no effort to move anywhere, he doesnt not make an effort to move around Artest either before they run into each other, or intially after they run into each other. For a player that is planning to receive the ball on the inbound, Harden sure puts him self in a really bad position.

What are you even watching? Artest is throwing the elbow before the inbounder touches the ball. That "stopping" you mention is when Harden realizes Artest is going to collide with him and takes a step back. The entire sequence from dunk to elbow is over in less than 2 seconds.

The fact that people are blaming ANYTHING on Harden is unbelievable. That incidental contact happens ALL THE TIME. Watch any fast break dunk. The only difference is that the guy who just scored doesn't usually throw an elbow. Quit making excuses for an inexcusable action.

What are you even watching? Artest is throwing the elbow before the inbounder touches the ball. That "stopping" you mention is when Harden realizes Artest is going to collide with him and takes a step back. The entire sequence from dunk to elbow is over in less than 2 seconds.

The fact that people are blaming ANYTHING on Harden is unbelievable. That incidental contact happens ALL THE TIME. Watch any fast break dunk. The only difference is that the guy who just scored doesn't usually throw an elbow. Quit making excuses for an inexcusable action.

Nobody is making excuses. Just offering up differing observations. Doesn't take much to set off a crazy person. All we're trying to do is point that out.

Nobody is making excuses. Just offering up differing observations. Doesn't take much to set off a crazy person. All we're trying to do is point that out.

Which is fine except it appears to me that you seem to think its Hardens responsibility to avoid incidental contact with Artest at all cost. That shouldn't be the case. Players bump each other all the time. Artest shouldn't get special treatment simply because hes nuts. Like I said before, if he's that crazy he doesn't need to be playing in the NBA.

Which is fine except it appears to me that you seem to think its Hardens responsibility to avoid incidental contact with Artest at all cost. That shouldn't be the case. Players bump each other all the time. Artest shouldn't get special treatment simply because hes nuts. Like I said before, if he's that crazy he doesn't need to be playing in the NBA.

Responsible? Not hardly. Never said that. Aware of his surroundings? Yes. I fail to see anything wrong with suggesting that Harden be more aware of his surroundings. I've played baskeball with crazy types like Artest(though not as extreme) many times and I was always aware of where those crazy fools were, their mood that day and I made sure I didn't give them a reason to go ape crap on me. Responsible? No. Aware? Absolutely. Is it Harden's fault? Of course not. Could he have avoided it? Yes. It's kind of like defensive driving, IMO.