World Peace, eh?

I didn't see the play and haven't seen anything that transpired after the elbow, but my question is, how in the world did the Thunder allow him to walk off the court? He should've been attacked and dealt with by guys like Ibaka and/or Perk.

It's probably wise on their part that they didn't. For one, Artest is crazy and that has to cross everyone's mind when making a decision to tangle with him. Two, they know if they do tangle with him they'll get suspended also. The only team hurt yesterday was the Lakers. Had they retaliated the Thunder would be hurt a lot worse, IMO. I am with you though. No way a teammate of mine takes a lick like that and get away with it. Just doesn't seem right to let him walk off the court but they were smart about it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the play and haven't seen anything that transpired after the elbow, but my question is, how in the world did the Thunder allow him to walk off the court? He should've been attacked and dealt with by guys like Ibaka and/or Perk.

What would that help? Just would have gotten themselves suspended.

What I'm concerned about is how long it took them to check on their teammate.

It's probably wise on their part that they didn't. For one, Artest is crazy and that has to cross everyone's mind when making a decision to tangle with him. Two, they know if they do tangle with him they'll get suspended also. The only team hurt yesterday was the Lakers. Had they retaliated the Thunder would be hurt a lot worse, IMO. I am with you though. No way a teammate of mine takes a lick like that and get away with it. Just doesn't seem right to let him walk off the court but they were smart about it.

You've got to be kdding...The Lakers were the only team hurt yesterday? The injury to Harden cost the Thunder the game and potentially homecourt throughout the postseason. Who knows how long he's going to miss.

Again, I make sure Artest, suspension or not, never sets foot on the court again this season if I'm Harden's teammate. Perk or Ibaka should've laid him out and had to be pulled off him.

What would that help? Just would have gotten themselves suspended.

What I'm concerned about is how long it took them to check on their teammate.

Well hopefully it would get the dirtiest player in the history of the game an extended hospital stay. I never wish injury on anyone, but I think I'd be okay with one of them intentionally ending that losers career.

Well hopefully it would get the dirtiest player in the history of the game an extended hospital stay. I never wish injury on anyone, but I think I'd be okay with one of them intentionally ending that losers career.

Unless they're super heroes they wouldn't have been able to do any real damage. Fight would have been stopped quickly and would have resulted in nothing more than suspensions for all involved.

You've got to be kdding...The Lakers were the only team hurt yesterday? The injury to Harden cost the Thunder the game and potentially homecourt throughout the postseason. Who knows how long he's going to miss.

Again, I make sure Artest, suspension or not, never sets foot on the court again this season if I'm Harden's teammate. Perk or Ibaka should've laid him out and had to be pulled off him.

The Thunder lost because they missed wide open look after wide open look and Westbrook went all Westbrook. They live and die by the jump shot. The Lakers comeback was behind Kobe, Gasol, some guy named Jordan Hill, Devan Ebanks and the Tonight Show Band, and Steve Blake. Harden was coming back to enter the game and was instructed to go back in the locker room.

Doesn't mean Harden wasn't walking back to take the inbounds pass. Players do that all the time. And by that I mean run towards the ball until they realize the PG is right next to them.

Harden did not initiate any contact on purpose. He didn't shove Artest. He didn't deserve an elbow in the head.

Saying he should avoid the lunatic is ridiculous. Should he just let him score when he has the ball too? I mean he is crazy he might start throwing elbows on his way to the hoop. Might as well let him go so you don't get hit.

That's a load of bull.

You see it your way. I see I mine. I think Harden could have avoided him. You think he couldn't have. I saw Harden put his hands on Artest. You say he never touched him. I say avoid the crazy guy while he's celebrating after he scores and you say that I'm inferring to avoid the crazy guy and let him score all the time. The power of reading of reading with an open mind. Gotta love it.

Unless they're super heroes they wouldn't have been able to do any real damage. Fight would have been stopped quickly and would have resulted in nothing more than suspensions for all involved.

Going back to the Miami/Knicks series in the late 90s, the NBA has tried to do its best to end any type of fighting on the court. I would say they have done a good job of that. Not too long ago that would have been called a flagrant foul and Artest would not be suspended at all. I always think back to the Kurt Rambis clothes line. That was just a flagrant and every team went on their merry way.

Please. They were up 11 with four minutes left in the game. Westbrook being 3-22 and Durant being 11-34 cost them the game. Not Harden who left the game in the second quarter.

Going back to the Miami/Knicks series in the late 90s, the NBA has tried to do its best to end any type of fighting on the court. I would say they have done a good job of that. Not too long ago that would have been called a flagrant foul and Artest would not be suspended at all.

The good old days.....

You see it your way. I see I mine. I think Harden could have avoided him. You think he couldn't have. I saw Harden put his hands on Artest. You say he never touched him. I say avoid the crazy guy while he's celebrating after he scores and you say that I'm inferring to avoid the crazy guy and let him score all the time. The power of reading of reading with an open mind. Gotta love it.

Harden put his hands up to avoid what he thought was going to be incidental contact. A Brushing of shoulders almost. The lunatic then saw that as a opportunity to try and hurt him.

And if you have to keep your head on a swivel every time Ron Artest scores perhaps he just doesn't need to play anymore. God forbid an innocent player get in Artests way while he is celebrating.

I had a bit of an impression about your Laker/Kobe obsession from what I pick up over on the college board, but this is ridiculous. It's Harden's job to avoid Artest? In what universe? He was paying zero attention to Artest until he realized Artest was going to run into him (incidentally, like happens dozens of times every game).

Watch the play. Harden is trailing and after the dunk, starts walking towards the baseline to be an option to receive the in bounds pass. He is watching the ball the entire time until Artest is right on top of him. He never even turns his head to look at Artest and you're painting Harden as the aggressor. Classic. I now know to ignore everything you post on the college side.

Seeing the elbow, again, and again, and again, I don't at all buy it was "part of the celebration." Heck, just for the fun of it try to act it out yourself and do your "celebration" of the dunk with the elbow throw mixed in! Now, regardless of the fun you may have doing it, it just doesn't work. And yes, I've tried!