World Peace, eh?

He intentionally shoved him in the ribs with his elbow. Does assault only count if someone is struck in the head? Wade's intent was clear.

No but physical injury matters somewhat.

A shove could be considered an assault but it's obviously not an elbow to someone's head.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty by reputation. The fact that Harden was hit in the head is the problem. Had it been his shoulder nobody would care.

Artest is an idiot. He meant to hit Harden doesn't matter where he hit him. I say suspend him for the rest of this season including playoffs.

And reputation doesn't change the fact that he elbowed someone in the head on purpose. Rep or not that's stupid.

No but physical injury matters somewhat.

A shove could be considered an assault but it's obviously not an elbow to someone's head.

True. Can't condemn one without condemning the other is what I say. Wade is every bit a punk as Artest has proven to be. Just because he didn't aim for Rip's head doesn't change it for me. Wade committed a retaliation foul that caused injury in the All Star game because the refs weren't calling what he felt were fouls. Wade is every bit the punk that Artest is labeled.

Artest is an idiot. He meant to hit Harden doesn't matter where he hit him. I say suspend him for the rest of this season including playoffs.

And reputation doesn't change the fact that he elbowed someone in the head on purpose. Rep or not that's stupid.

Didn't say it wasn't. Just pointing out that had he hit Harden in the shoulder then it would be pooh poohed over like Wade's intentional assault on Rip Hamilton last week.

True. Can't condemn one without condemning the other is what I say. Wade is every bit a punk as Artest has prove to be. Just because he didn't aim for Rip's head doesn't change it for me. Wade committed a retaliation foul that caused injury in the All Star game because the refs weren't calling what he felt were fouls. Wade is every bit the link that Artest.

I don't disagree about Wade being a punk. But I'm not sure hes on Ron Artest's level.

Okay maybe that is a stretch. Kind of hard to equal Malice in the Palace. It just drives me nuts that Wade always gets a pass for his punkish behavior.

He won't get the attention Artest gets until he changes his name to something ridiculous and starts a fight with fans. :lol:

If I could get courtside seats to a Heat game I'd expose him easily. :lol:

You should call up the Front Office of whoever the Heat are playing in the first round and see if they can hook you up. Then you could go all Happy Gilmore on him.

I'm saying a 3 game suspension.

He's an idiot, and I agree with all of the sentiment towards him. However, and I'm just asking, what is Harden doing? It almost looks like he's trying to take a charge by his posture. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Good thing it was to the back of the head instead of the nose.

He's an idiot, and I agree with all of the sentiment towards him. However, and I'm just asking, what is Harden doing? It almost looks like he's trying to take a charge by his posture. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Good thing it was to the back of the head instead of the nose.

I was wondering the same thing. Why did Harden go up almost as if he was going to guard Artest, when his team was getting the inbounds? While the elbow by Artest is wrong and he should be suspended for it, Harden is a moron for doing what he did as well.

I was wondering the same thing. Why did Harden go up almost as if he was going to guard Artest, when his team was getting the inbounds? While the elbow by Artest is wrong and he should be suspended for it, Harden is a moron for doing what he did as well.

You see that type stuff all the time. It is kind of like a retaliation against MWP for dunking and yelling. I like at it as petty gamesmanship.