Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 2012-13

Featured Replies

How good will this team be next year? I am hearing that they all are returning including Zeller and Crean has a top notch set of recruits coming in as well.

 

Sheehey, Zeller, Oladapel, Abell, Watford, Hulls are a very solid top 6.

 

Add in the recruits.

 

Kevin Ferrell PG 5-11/165 2

Jeremy Hollowell SF 6-8/210 10

Peter Jurkin C 6-11/215 NR

Ron Patterson SG 6-3/195 30

Hanner Perea PF 6-8/210 9

 

Any thoughts on whether or not they will bring home the Championship?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They would be my preseason #1, and the favorite to win it all next year.

Going to depend on how quickly Yogi gets up to speed running the show...

I'd put them top 5, but I think Louisville would be my choice for #1.

 

Pretty crazy, but IU, UK, and UofL should all be preseason top 5 next season.

Going to depend on how quickly Yogi gets up to speed running the show...

 

 

I assume you're talking about the Ferrell kid since he is listed as a PG. How did he get the name Yogi? Will Hulls start the season as PG, be moved to the 2, or come off the bench?

I assume you're talking about the Ferrell kid since he is listed as a PG. How did he get the name Yogi? Will Hulls start the season as PG, be moved to the 2, or come off the bench?

 

He has gone by Yogi since I first met him 3 plus years ago. Not sure where it came from.

 

I could see Hulls starting early to let Yogi ease into it, but Crean isn't going keep him off the floor for long. Hulls will move off the ball...

Indiana is going to be a team that I'm going to enjoy watching next year and will do so whenever I can. I thought when they hired Tom Crean that he would help get that ship sailing straight and he's done a fantastic job.

Top 3 for sure and without question. Hulls being able to move over to the 2 eventually is what's really going to make the difference. If Yogi can take over the reigns at point early enough to get Hulls some time to work on coming off screens and getting used to moving without the ball this team will be dangerous.

 

Crean has hauled in his best class since being in Bloomington (even better than the class with Creek, Watford, Hulls, etc.) and the luxury of that is none of them will really have that much pressure to make an impact right away. With basically everyone coming back the new guys like Perea and Hollowell can just go in and work, get accustomed to the system and contribute gradually as they integrate into the system. Basically the same way PJ Hairston and James McAdoo did this season for UNC. Only exception may be Yogi as stated, but Hulls has the point locked up if Ferrell isn't ready to take over. He will be rushed and counted on than more than any of the other frosh though, if he can make an impact next year, IU will be a tough out late.

Also don't forget about Maurice Creek, was hurt for most of last season I believe.

They would be my preseason #1, and the favorite to win it all next year.

 

I agree. :thumb:

An Indiana team that is relevant once again (and they were relevant this past season, no doubt) on an ongoing basis is, as Martha Stewart would say, a good thing, IMHO.

This area is going to be nuts next fall......Louisville should be pretty good in football....all three basketball programs are going to be top notch.....there should be a ton of media attention around here.

^Also have to throw in the probable top 25 status of Cincinnati and Xavier and it'll really be rocking.

They would be my preseason #1, and the favorite to win it all next year.

 

Since you are never right I'm glad you feel this way.

Since you are never right I'm glad you feel this way.

 

I picked Kentucky to beat Kansas for the National Championship. I know my 9 year old son can beat you up. Wanna buy a used Iphone? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.