March 23, 201214 yr UC is inept offensively & I am the only person lazier than Yancy Gates on the hardwood. UC had a legitimate shot to win this game & let it get away.
March 23, 201214 yr No shock here I posted Buckeyes by ten. I was sure the Buckeyes would win by double digits.
March 23, 201214 yr No shock here I posted Buckeyes by ten. I was sure the Buckeyes would win by double digits. God love ya, do you have the above on autotext?
March 23, 201214 yr I said all day yesterday that I thought Thomas was going to have a big game for the Buckeyes. The kid is tough and can play. I thought Gates would outplay Sullinger, definitely got that one wrong. I sure hope OSU beats Syracuse.
March 23, 201214 yr Not exactly. State government isn't forcing OSU to play the only other BCS level program in the state in football either. OSU isn't going to give UC any legitimacy in either sport unless it is on their terms, and there is no chance the state gets involved like it did in KY to force UK and UL to play... True. Unlike in Kentucky, Ohio State has more pull than the State Government.
March 23, 201214 yr OSU has no interest in scheduling UC, statements by Smith and Matta this week seem to confirm that policy continues. As a Buckeye fan I think it’s time for OSU to schedule UC for HOME and HOME in both football and basketball.
March 23, 201214 yr I'm not well-versed on UC's lineup. I know they lose Gates and Dixon. Should we expect a similar offense next year ie 4 guards or will UC go to a more traditional lineup with the big kid #13 and Jackson? Isn't there a big kid sitting out?
March 23, 201214 yr I'm not well-versed on UC's lineup. I know they lose Gates and Dixon. Should we expect a similar offense next year ie 4 guards or will UC go to a more traditional lineup with the big kid #13 and Jackson? Isn't there a big kid sitting out? I think they will still use the spread, 4 out system as the base. Will not be used with 4 guards as much as this year, but the philosophy will still be the same. Octavious Ellis (6'11" PF) and Shaq Thomas (6'7" SF) are sitting out this year, but both are designed to play in the spread...
March 23, 201214 yr The Aaron Craft lovefest is out of control. The dude is a warrior on defense but at times a liability on offense. My favorite play... Craft dribbles to top of the key... stops... calls time out. Rafftery, "Nice play. Smart." Congrats to UC on a great season. I'm not a UC fan but it is nice to see their fanbase lively again.
March 23, 201214 yr I am not a UC fan, but I was rooting for them. I was pretty much against UC when Huggs was there, just didn't care for him. I am really liking Mick and I am glad he is doing go. I never thought much of him one way or the other until the UC/X thing, but I liked the way he handled it. I am now a Mick fan and hope he keeps on progressing. One thing I would like to express is I didn't like the media bringing up the whole UC/X brawl during the game last time. It had nothing to do with OSU and UC. The horse is dead.
March 23, 201214 yr I don't think they needed to show the brawl either but it was a defining moment in UC's season and I think refocused the team and they rallied around each other and overcame. As far as Aaron Craft, he is a coaches dream on the defensive end of the floor. He might be the best on ball defender I have seen in person. He does not look quick but his lateral movements are incredible. I took my nephew to a few games and had him watch Craft on the defensive end because he is relentless. He might struggle to score at times on offense but he is usually very secure with ball in his hands. He had a few shots last night that were in and out and hit a couple of big shots late that helped seal the deal. Buford is the player that has everyone in Buckeye land scratching their head!!!
March 23, 201214 yr Good season for the Bearcats. They're back to relevance again. Have to say I'm glad to see Gates career end. Should've happened about 4 months ago, but oh well.
March 23, 201214 yr The Aaron Craft lovefest is out of control. The dude is a warrior on defense but at times a liability on offense. My favorite play... Craft dribbles to top of the key... stops... calls time out. Rafftery, "Nice play. Smart." It was pathetic. All night long all we heard was how great the kid was. Talk about a man crush. As for Gates, he was scared to play last night. He looked like he was too worried about not committing fouls that it took him completely out of the game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.