Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals close to signing Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis

Featured Replies

I think I would rather had Ced... The law firm is younger, but he doesn't scare anyone. He will be a back up in cincy, because they have to draft a RB now.

 

Is there some sort of new rule we're unaware of?

 

They have 2 younger backs that can and most likely will split time.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there some sort of new rule we're unaware of?

 

They have 2 younger backs that can and most likely will split time.

 

No, just thought they would want a good RB on their roster who can carry the load...

^Law Firm is better than Ced. He's really not much of a downgrade from Bush.

 

Gruden was already on record saying he's hoping to run a two back system prior to signing either of them, so it's not like this is going to change their plans.

^Law Firm is better than Ced. He's really not much of a downgrade from Bush.

 

Gruden was already on record saying he's hoping to run a two back system prior to signing either of them, so it's not like this is going to change their plans.

 

I disagree with both those statements. I'm guessing the Law firm will be riding the pine, by mid season.

I would rather have Ced also. Only New England back I remember making big plays was Woodhead. Ellis did alright in Brady's spread offense where the entire offense ran through Brady. More perssure on Dalton now if he starts getting stuffed at the line.

I don't know how I feel about the move. It sounds as if Bush may not be in the best of shape and that goes a long way when your paying the bills. I still think they'll go for a RB in the draft so it should be interesting to see how Gruden uses his backs.

3.7 YPC last year. 1 1,000 yard season. We always get the cheap and "effective" guy. It's easy to be a TD machine when tom Brady leads you to the goal line and all you have to do if fall forward 2 yards.

 

I read somewhere that Bush's yards per carry the last few seasons always goes down by the end of the season, just like it did last season. I believe by the end of last year his yards per carry was 3.8? I am just going by what I believe I read, so I could be wrong on the exact numbers. I know I would have liked to have Bush too, and honestly I think most people woudn't have been to upset about this if Bush was not a local guy. However since he is, people are more likely to not like this deal. I wanted Bush but I don't see it as that big of a downgrade if a downgrade at all from Bush. I know people dont trust Mike Brown and that is understandable, but I do trust Jay Gruden actuallly in finding the right guys to fit his system. Which I think Gruden would get his way, and from what they have said Ellis might actually fit his style better. So we will see.

Mikey Brown thinks the law firm can double as legal counsel during the off-season.

Solomon Wilcotts on WLW last night said the Bengals liked the Law Firm better than Bush because he was more agilibilty and was quicker. Not to mention probably cheaper.

Wilcotts is probably right but Bush seems like the "sexier" pick.

So is he being brought in to be the feature back?

So is he being brought in to be the feature back?

 

I don't think so, I think he is being brought in as part of a two back tandem with Scott. And I look for the Bengals to draft a RB.

After watching BJGE's highlights I came away impressed. The guy hits the hole with aggression and his leg drive after contact is very impressive. He hasn't fumbled one time in over 500 carries while Benson seemed to fumble the ball every other game. I think he'll carve a nice niche with the Bengals.

After watching BJGE's highlights I came away impressed. The guy hits the hole with aggression and his leg drive after contact is very impressive. He hasn't fumbled one time in over 500 carries while Benson seemed to fumble the ball every other game. I think he'll carve a nice niche with the Bengals.

 

They said on the radio the other day, he hasn't fumbled since high school. That is impressive.

I don't think so, I think he is being brought in as part of a two back tandem with Scott. And I look for the Bengals to draft a RB.

 

I hope you're right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.