Bengals close to signing Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While BenJarvus is still a big upgrade from Cedric (because Cedric is mediocre at best), Michael Bush is still the better back. BJGE might have a better track record of staying healthy, but Bush would be a beast as a #1 anywhere. I can't say the same for BJGE. Cutler + Marshall, Forte + Bush....the Bears will be a scary team.

While BenJarvus is still a big upgrade from Cedric (because Cedric is mediocre at best), Michael Bush is still the better back. BJGE might have a better track record of staying healthy, but Bush would be a beast as a #1 anywhere. I can't say the same for BJGE. Cutler + Marshall, Forte + Bush....the Bears will be a scary team.

Except Bush and Forte won't be on the field at the same time....So when Bush is in, they'll actually be less scary.

Wow, you Bengal fans are all over the map. I hate the signing because I think it helps the Bengals. He doesn't fumble, he's not been a DL regular, he gets to share the carries, he's absolutely fantastic in the short passing game and a great outlet for a 2nd year stud QB with the defense stretched to control your 2nd year stud WR.

Jeez, as bad as I hate to admit it, GT was dead on with the thread on Cincy Sports fan mentality not too long ago.

Wow, you Bengal fans are all over the map. I hate the signing because I think it helps the Bengals. He doesn't fumble, he's not been a DL regular, he gets to share the carries, he's absolutely fantastic in the short passing game and a great outlet for a 2nd year stud QB with the defense stretched to control your 2nd year stud WR.

Jeez, as bad as I hate to admit it, GT was dead on with the thread on Cincy Sports fan mentality not too long ago.

I had my heart set on Bush but the Law Firm probably makes more sense and the more I take in from everyone about him the more I think it is a good pick up.

I think what's more important is that in his interview I heard this morning, he WANTS to be there. Heck, not many have said that and meant it in the not too distant past.

I hear what you are saying in both posts, things really are looking up for the Bengals.

I think the Bengals are two or three players away from really being a force in 2012.

I like BJGE's ability to catch passes out of the backfield & I think he is a more natural fit than Benson within the offense.

I hope that the Bengals can acquire an RB with breakaway speed at some point.