Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State/Cincinnati Predictions

Featured Replies

If a team's third best (arguably) player being out causes them to lose to those teams, him playing isn't going to be enough against the Buckeyes.

 

And the facts are pretty simple. UC struggled mightily with Parker out. Look at their profile since he returned. Not even close...

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note to self: Never try to have a little fun with GT regarding UC hoops. :lol: Geesh.

Heart says Cincy..after Sunday night I'm not arguing with it anymore.

 

Cats by 3.

  • Author
Florida State, Texas, Syracuse, GTown and Marquette all felt they had more talent than UC and should win. Didn't exactly play out that way every time... :D

 

Maybe not all the time but talent usually wins! I agree the tournament is about matchups and that is why I see OSU winning. The only matchup I give UC an edge would be Kilpatrick over Lenzelle Smith. I like Sullenger over Gates, Thomas over Parker, Buford over Dixon and Craft over Wright.

Maybe not all the time but talent usually wins! I agree the tournament is about matchups and that is why I see OSU winning. The only matchup I give UC an edge would be Kilpatrick over Lenzelle Smith. I like Sullenger over Gates, Thomas over Parker, Buford over Dixon and Craft over Wright.

 

You could make a similar statement for every team I mentioned. Maybe the talent at UC is undervalued, or maybe they just know how to win at this point. 53 more hours and we get to find out...

I can see UC winning this game. I think their defensive tenacity will cause problems for OSU. Ugly again but a 5 point win for UC

I love Parker's game. He likes to mix it up and is solid taking it to the rack for a guy who's 6'3".

Ohio St. in a hard fought win, 63-57.

Third times a charm. Go Buckeyes!

Pulling for UC in this one. Looking forward to Gates vs. Sullinger. If the same UC that we've seen lately shows up, I think they win by 5.

Gameday is finally here and I couldn't be more pumped about this match up.

 

Here is my take.

 

Ohio State doesn't have as much of a talent advantage as some of you believe. They may have kids who were more highly regarded coming out of high school, but realistically, UC has a second team all big east selection in SK and two other guys who should've been All Big East in Yancy and Dion. They also have a starting pg (Cash) that was top 100 coming out of high school, averaging 32 ppg FOR HIS CAREER, and the VA POY (Parker) that averaged 28 ppg coming out of high school.

 

UC matches up very well with Ohio St across the board.

 

Craft worries me because of his defense but I think UC in a zone could limit his penetration offensively. Craft is the key for OSU at both ends. If Cash can get him in foul trouble, the Bucks become a completely different team. Cash will need to attack and use his quickness, as I think that is the one thing he has going for him in this match up. Craft's perimeter defense is very good, so Cash can't sit out there dribbling, trying to break him down.

 

Dixon and Smith will be a very good match up as well. Dion is a little stronger with the ball and more explosive, but Smith is a better shooter so he will have to defend Smith tightly.

 

Kilpatrick v Buford has me very excited. Similar games and styles except SK likes to drive and is more aggressive. Both have made clutch shots throughout the year so it wouldn't surprise me to see either take a last second shot if it came down to it. SK must play a good game both inside and out for UC to win. When he gets going, he is very tough to defend and opens things up for the other guards to drive and Yancy down low.

 

Parker v Thomas is both an advantage and disadvantage for both teams. I really think Thomas being aggressive and attacking can be a problem for UC defensively but at the same time, I don't think Thomas is quick enough to defend Parker off the dribble. Jae Crowder couldn't and neither could Chane Behanan. What Parker lacks in size, he makes up with pure strength, toughness, and quickness. Let's not forget this is the same guy that had 9 and 11 against a 6'10 guy just a few days ago. I could see Parker getting Thomas in some foul trouble. I'm also intrigued by the JJack-Thomas match up as well.

 

And then there's the battle of the big men.

 

Gates v Sullinger is going to be an absolute WAR down low. Both guys will know they were in a battle tomorrow after this game is over. These two played against eachother over the summer at Adidas Nations and Yancy more than held his own...so for those of you thinking Gates will have a long night, you're in for a rude awakening. Yancy has a track record of playing well and rising to the occasion against teams with a good big man. The key for Yancy is to not fall in the trap of getting frustrated by Sully's style at both ends. Sullinger likes to flop and push on defense and offensively he lowers his shoulder a lot when going to the rim to create separation. There is an opportunity to draw atleast one offensive foul on Sullinger and it's been proven throughout the year. In Ohio State's losses and close games this year, it has been against teams with good, physical big men. I like UC's chances in this match up.

 

Overall, Ohio St has a little more depth as they go about 9 deep with guys playing 10 or more mpg and UC will only play 7 or 8 guys.

 

Ohio St averages 12 turnovers per game. If UC can pressure and force them in to more than that, they win. Must also make their free throws.

 

Definetly a homer pick, but I'm going with UC. I just think their quickness and physicality is going to cause trouble for the Bucks. OSU also has a track record of choking in the sweet 16 with more talented teams. (See last year v UK as another prime example)

 

Cincinnati- 67

Ohio State- 64

 

Buford misses a 3 at the buzzer after SK hits a huge trey with just under 10 seconds left to give UC the lead and win.

Cincinnati- 67

Ohio State- 64

 

Buford misses a 3 at the buzzer after SK hits a huge trey with just under 10 seconds left to give UC the lead and win.

 

Great assessment, but I believe it will be:

 

Ohio State- 67

Cincinnati- 64

 

Buford Hits a 3 at the buzzer to give OSU the lead and win.

Man, I can't wait for this game. I'm going through basketball withdrawl!

  • Author

You know your getting older when your thinking about taking a nap when you get home from work so you can stay up and watch it. Unfortunately I have a rugrat that will not allow naps so I am forced to go to Plan B which is show up at work on Friday in a zombie-like state! Went the Plan B rout last week also!! Should be a great game to watch. No matter who wins I will be cheering them on in the next game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.