Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State/Cincinnati Predictions

Featured Replies

I am posting this thread mainly for gametime as he is the UC guy on the board and I am interested to get his take on this game. I am an OSU fan first and foremost but I followed UC pretty hard in the Huggins era and was a little bitter when he was let go. I know Cronin finally has the program trending up and this team playing extreamly hard. If UC is hitting their 3's I think they can keep it close and maybe even win the game. My problem with UC this year is they tend to have long stretches where they can't score. If they have one of those stretches in this game where they score 1 field goal in a four or five minute stretch they are going to lose. I think OSU has edge with Sullenger in Thomas inside, even though I think since the Big East Tournament, Gates has been playing the best basketball of his career. The key to the game for me is Buford and his ability to make open shots. If he is able to score I think OSU wins by double figures.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this one is going to be a battle and I'm looking forward to playing it. I agree that Buford needs to be big, but Thomas is the X Factor for the Buckeyes in this game, in my opinion.

 

I take the Buckeyes in a close one, should be fun. 64-58.

I think that this one is going to be a battle and I'm looking forward to playing it. I agree that Buford needs to be big, but Thomas is the X Factor for the Buckeyes in this game, in my opinion.

 

I take the Buckeyes in a close one, should be fun. 64-58.

 

You're looking forward to playing it?

UC has lost one game by double digits since December 11th, and have won 5 consecutive games against ranked opponents. If OSU wins it is likely going to be a close, hard fought game. If UC wins it will be a close hard fought game, that's just how their wins go.

 

For UC to pull off the upset they will need two of the four guards to be hot from the perimeter, and it most likely needs to be Wright and Kilpatrick. Thomas is no doubt the biggest match up problem on the offensive end, but I would not be surprised at all to see UC go zone for a majority of the game and force an inconsistent shooting team to beat them over the top. If Gates stays out of foul trouble I think he and Sully are a wash. Both will get theirs, but one isn't shutting down the other. UC also needs to create favorable match ups against Thomas going to the rim, as he can be as much of a liability there as he is a difference maker on offense.

 

Most likely scenario is OSU wins by 4 or 5 points, but I wouldn't count this UC team out. They are as scrappy as any team in the nation right now, and they are finishing games very strong...

Only because I originally picked Ohio State to go to the Final Four am I picking them. In my original bracket, I had FSU beating the Bearcats because I thought their athleticism would cause problems. I think UC is an incredibly tough matchup for the Buckeyes. For me, the keys for UC will be:

 

* Containing Thomas. I think he's Ohio State's best player & provides a matchup problem for UC (and most teams, for that matter).

* Gates staying out of foul trouble. Like GT, I think Gates & Sullinger will basically be a wash. But if Gates is plagued with fouls, then it's entirely different story.

* Foul shooting. I think it's a close, physical game & FT shooting will come into play down the stretch. UC shined against FSU & I think they'll need to keep that up against Ohio State.

I would love to see Gates give Sully the ole' right hook. :D

 

In all seriousness though, this is a great matchup for UC. I'm thinking it's a tooth and nail kinda game, with the Buckeyes squeeking by in the end.

I am pulling for the Bearcats. I see Ohio State winning by 8, 68-60, however.

I too am pulling for UC. I have kept up with them all year as they have a Ky boy playing for them. I really hope they pull the upset.

  • Author

I do think UC will play a lot of zone and try to make OSU make shots from the outside. I don't think OSU will play any zone but if UC gets hot from the outside they may be forced to change things up. The first five minutes will tell you if the game is going to be close or if OSU is going to win comfortably. The games OSU players come out and are engaged early, they tend to win comfortably. In games where they don't they tend to be back and forth until the end. I just think OSU has more talent and should win the game.

Florida State, Texas, Syracuse, GTown and Marquette all felt they had more talent than UC and should win. Didn't exactly play out that way every time... :D

^All that needs to be said in response to that is...Presbyterian and Marshall. :D

^All that needs to be said in response to that is...Presbyterian and Marshall. :D

 

Is JaQuon Parker out for this game? He looked good in practice today... :thumb:

Is JaQuon Parker out for this game? He looked good in practice today... :thumb:

 

If a team's third best (arguably) player being out causes them to lose to those teams, him playing isn't going to be enough against the Buckeyes.

If a team's third best (arguably) player being out causes them to lose to those teams, him playing isn't going to be enough against the Buckeyes.

 

Is Kendall Marshall better than Tyler Zeller or Harrison Barnes? No, but he is more important to UNC winning. UC doesn't stand a chance of beating FSU if the 6'3" Parker doesn't grab 11 rebounds. They don't beat Marquette if he doesn't abuse a mismatch and score 28 points. He is the key to UC being able to play 4 guards and not get killed through match up problems. While Thomas is a big time problem to guard, he will have his hands full keeping Parker off the glass and driving to the rim for either lay ups or drop offs to Yancy for a dunk.

 

Your statement simply shows a lack of understanding of how important having winners on the floor impacts the game...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.