May 21, 201214 yr :lol: Yeah I thought about that after the fact. :lol: GZ voice: These (bleeps) they always get away.
May 21, 201214 yr That's crazy though. Basically I need to invite my enemies to Florida, pick a fight with them, get whipped and then I can kill them. Correct? Yes. Once again the problem you have is with the law. Nobody is saying Zimmerman wasn't responsible for the death. Just that he "might" not be guilty of murder by the legal definition in Florida.
May 21, 201214 yr Yes. Once again the problem you have is with the law. Nobody is saying Zimmerman wasn't responsible for the death. Just that he "might" not be guilty of murder by the legal definition in Florida. To me it is more about the intent of the law and did Zimmerman find a loophole. I am not sure if loophole is the correct word, just more so exposing the potential fallacies of having a SYG law. The law makes sense if one's life really is in danger. That is what is trying to be proved here. Was Zimmerman's life in danger?
May 21, 201214 yr Yes. Once again the problem you have is with the law. Nobody is saying Zimmerman wasn't responsible for the death. Just that he "might" not be guilty of murder by the legal definition in Florida. No. I am poking fun at the thought that a person(Zimmerman in this case) can allegedly instigate a fight, lose the fight and then kill the winner. If that isn't murder then I plan on taking some of my enemies to Florida and then pick a fight with them, lose the fight and then do whatever means necessary to defend myself while losing the fight.
May 21, 201214 yr No. I am poking fun at the thought that a person(Zimmerman in this case) can allegedly instigate a fight, lose the fight and then kill the winner. If that isn't murder then I plan on taking some of my enemies to Florida and then pick a fight with them, lose the fight and then do whatever means necessary to defend myself while losing the fight. And I would be defending your actions as legal.
May 21, 201214 yr To me it is more about the intent of the law and did Zimmerman find a loophole. I am not sure if loophole is the correct word, just more so exposing the potential fallacies of having a SYG law. The law makes sense if one's life really is in danger. That is what is trying to be proved here. Was Zimmerman's life in danger? I'm not real sure when you can say your life is or isn't in danger. I know that no matter who starts the fight if I'm involved in one and there is a person on top of me bashing my head into concrete and he has already broken my nose I would feel at the very least my life was in danger. If I had a gun in that instance I would feel compelled to use it.
May 21, 201214 yr And I would be defending your actions as legal. If Zimmerman gets off you better be defending me when I go through my series of self defense murders.
May 21, 201214 yr If Zimmerman gets off you better be defending me when I go through my series of self defense murders. We don't know that Zimmerman started the fight yet do we?
May 21, 201214 yr We don't know that Zimmerman started the fight yet do we? Depends on watch you call started the fight. Threw the first punch in fear of your life is what I believe Trayvon did, hence, standing his ground. However, witness No. 13 says, "Zimmerman was standing there like he just got his butt whipped. He was more like he shot someone and it was nothing." Witness No. 5 "I think he intended for this kid to die." Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die' - Yahoo! News
May 21, 201214 yr We don't know that Zimmerman started the fight yet do we? Nope. I started devising my self defense situations on a hypothetical. :lol:
May 21, 201214 yr Depends on watch you call started the fight. Threw the first punch in fear of your life is what I believe Trayvon did, hence, standing his ground. However, witness No. 13 says, "Zimmerman was standing there like he just got his butt whipped. He was more like he shot someone and it was nothing." Witness No. 5 "I think he intended for this kid to die." Trayvon Martin Witness Believes 'He Intended for This Kid to Die' - Yahoo! News Witness number 5 lost all credibility when she said Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg. Huh? A guy is on top of me hitting my head into the ground and I'm supposed to take the time to aim for his leg? Seriously? If I remember my self defense firearm training correctly, the number one rule in firing your weapon in self defense is aim at the largest body mass and shoot to kill.
May 21, 201214 yr No. I am poking fun at the thought that a person(Zimmerman in this case) can allegedly instigate a fight, lose the fight and then kill the winner. If that isn't murder then I plan on taking some of my enemies to Florida and then pick a fight with them, lose the fight and then do whatever means necessary to defend myself while losing the fight. Agree, except there's no proof that Zimmerman instigated the fight that we know of. He instigated the event which obviously led to the fight. I think that is where the trial will be decided. It will be an interesting trial to see what both the prosecutor and defense come up with.
May 21, 201214 yr Witness number 5 lost all credibility when she said Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg. Huh? A guy is on top of me hitting my head into the ground and I'm supposed to take the time to aim for his leg? Seriously? If I remember my self defense firearm training correctly, the number one rule in firing your weapon in self defense is aim at the largest body mass and shoot to kill. Almost as ridiculous as the people who think police should aim for legs in deadly force situations.
May 21, 201214 yr Witness number 5 lost all credibility when she said Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg. Huh? A guy is on top of me hitting my head into the ground and I'm supposed to take the time to aim for his leg? Seriously? If I remember my self defense firearm training correctly, the number one rule in firing your weapon in self defense is aim at the largest body mass and shoot to kill. Witness 5 also has no basis for the statement "I think he intended for this kid to die". How in the heck can that be determined based on what was seen after the incident? I have seen people after a serious incident, some were calm as all get out while others lost their heads. That will never make it into the trial records.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.