Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

I don't follow, but okay.

 

Whites and blacks will never be able to reach a happy medium when it comes to discussing racially ambiguous situations. Too many whites never understand what blacks are trying to say and if whites do understand what blacks are trying to say they get defensive or act as if the blacks are overreacting and then use the cop out like you did in post 484. The woe is me I guess everyone is racist because they don't agree with you defense. Instead of trying to figure out why 85 is saying what he is saying when he does discuss race in this case you get sarcastic and basically accuse his whole belief in this case on Zimmerman being racist and 85 has never said that. Thus...The Great (Racial) Divide continues. I'm used to it though. After 37 years you learn how to manage. It's all good. What can you do?

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whites and blacks will never be able to reach a happy medium when it comes to discussing racially ambiguous situations. Too many whites never understand what blacks are trying to say and if whites do understand what blacks are trying to say they get defensive or act as if the blacks are overreacting and then use the cop out like you did in post 484. The woe is me I guess everyone is racist because they don't agree with you defense. Instead of trying to figure out why 85 is saying what he is saying when he does discuss race in this case you get sarcastic and basically accuse his whole belief in this case on Zimmerman being racist and 85 has never said that. Thus...The Great (Racial) Divide continues. I'm used to it though. After 37 years you learn how to manage. It's all good. What can you do?

 

 

To clear things up, I didn't say he said Zimmerman was being racist. I said if you didn't agree with him you were racist. And I was being sarcastic at the time.

 

I've explained my post in a PM to you so that we can move past it in this thread.

To clear things up, I didn't say he said Zimmerman was being racist. I said if you didn't agree with him you were racist. And I was being sarcastic at the time.

 

I've explained my post in a PM to you so that we can move past it in this thread.

 

True. We're clear.

If it makes you feel better he's white to me.

 

It doesnt matter to me one way or the other how you perceive him. It just shows your racial bias. I was just pointing out how the left wing media tends to throw race into it. Should have been reported,"... an American man got into an altercation with another American man and one was shot. Let's now do some research and see if it's murder or self defense." JMHO

It doesnt matter to me one way or the other how you perceive him. It just shows your racial bias. I was just pointing out how the left wing media tends to throw race into it. Should have been reported,"... an American man got into an altercation with another American man and one was shot. Let's now do some research and see if it's murder or self defense." JMHO

 

 

My racial bias? Because I think he's white? That confuses me.

What has changed here?

 

 

 

...

 

I don't think he meant to kill the boy, initially. But after getting bust up like he did, he was pretty fit to be tied, and shot the boy. That makes it a murder. If I am responding to 40 posts at once, sometimes omission comes into play.

It doesnt matter to me one way or the other how you perceive him. It just shows your racial bias. I was just pointing out how the left wing media tends to throw race into it. Should have been reported,"... an American man got into an altercation with another American man and one was shot. Let's now do some research and see if it's murder or self defense." JMHO

 

You'll sell a lot of papers with those headlines.

You seem to just come in a jump on post by me and others with likeminds. I swear, I have not read one point you have made that was worth debating, at elast in regards to Trayvon.

 

That's because you don't debate. You have no interest in reading something that might challenge your ideas. Even when those ideas are based on biased reporting. Go back and check my posts on this. I've challenged both sides. I just hope for the truth. I doubt if we'll ever get it.

More eyewitness testimony and analysis in a series of tweets from Toure(writer for Time magazine)

 

 

@Toure: We are still in a battle of dueling leaks in the Zimmerman case. The testimony of the girl Trayvon was talking to could prove devastating...

@Toure: The girl Trayvon was talking to says Martin lost Zimmerman then says Martin realized he was being pursued again.

@Toure: The girl Trayvon was talking to says Trayvon said "Why are you following me for?" GZ responded "What are you doing around here?"

@Toure: The girl Trayvon was talking to says Trayvon said "Get off, get off!"

@Toure: Her testimony challenges Zimmerman's story of losing & being attacked by Trayvon & it says GZ started the confrontation.

@Toure: This goes with the police report which details multiple ways the incident could have been avoided--if Zimmerman had acted differently.

@Toure: If the girl Trayvon was talking to on the phone is believable on the witness stand at trial then she could be devastating for Zimmerman.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.