Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

Almost as ridiculous as the people who think police should aim for legs in deadly force situations.

 

I always thought they should shoot the right kneecap since more people are right handed. Don't know why they don't. :D

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost as ridiculous as the people who think police should aim for legs in deadly force situations.
You mean cops aren't trained to shoot the gun out of a suspects hand?
Agree, except there's no proof that Zimmerman instigated the fight that we know of. He instigated the event which obviously led to the fight. I think that is where the trial will be decided. It will be an interesting trial to see what both the prosecutor and defense come up with.

 

Is it bad that I am excited for this trial like a season ending episode of CSI:Miami?

Witness number 5 lost all credibility when she said Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg. Huh? A guy is on top of me hitting my head into the ground and I'm supposed to take the time to aim for his leg? Seriously?

 

If I remember my self defense firearm training correctly, the number one rule in firing your weapon in self defense is aim at the largest body mass and shoot to kill.

 

Maybe she is assuming they were upright when Martin was shot.

Witness 5 also has no basis for the statement "I think he intended for this kid to die". How in the heck can that be determined based on what was seen after the incident? I have seen people after a serious incident, some were calm as all get out while others lost their heads. That will never make it into the trial records.

 

How can you say the witness has no basis for that statement. That is an excerpt from the person's statement to the police.

Maybe she is assuming they were upright when Martin was shot.

 

Witness 5 wasn't present when the shot was fired, correct? Yes that is correct. Then her statements like she felt Zimmerman intended to kill Martin are based on assumptions that may very well be false, making her statements/conclusion/opinions very suspect to me. She may end up being right that they were up right when Zimmerman fired but how could she have known that for certain when she made her conclusion that Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg? As for now she's just another person that is expressing opinions on Zimmerman's actions without having all the facts. Accordingly, her statements/conclusions/opinions mean as much to me as all the other folks out there rushing to make judgments on Zimmerman's guilt or innocence; in other words, nothing.

 

By the way, the point remains: if you have to pull the trigger to defend your life, shoot to kill. That's not in the leg.

Witness 5 wasn't present when the shot was fired, correct? Yes that is correct. Then her statements like she felt Zimmerman intended to kill Martin are based on assumptions that may very well be false, making her statements/conclusion/opinions very suspect to me. She may end up being right that they were up right when Zimmerman fired but how could she have known that for certain when she made her conclusion that Zimmerman should have shot Martin in the leg? As for now she's just another person that is expressing opinions on Zimmerman's actions without having all the facts. Accordingly, her statements/conclusions/opinions mean as much to me as all the other folks out there rushing to make judgments on Zimmerman's guilt or innocence; in other words, nothing.

 

By the way, the point remains: if you have to pull the trigger to defend your life, shoot to kill. That's not in the leg.

 

Only punks need a gun in a fist fight. Anyone walking around with a concealed weapon, legally or otherwise is a punk. If Zimmerman didn't intend to kill the boy, then why follow him. The killing was avoidable.

The witness heard the commotion. She was there. Many witnesses heard the commotion before the scuffle and fight. The fact remains, you can't kill an unarmed, law abiding high school student and it be good clean fun. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirirt of the law won't allow this.

Only punks need a gun in a fist fight. Anyone walking around with a concealed weapon, legally or otherwise is a punk. If Zimmerman didn't intend to kill the boy, then why follow him. The killing was avoidable.

The witness heard the commotion. She was there. Many witnesses heard the commotion before the scuffle and fight. The fact remains, you can't kill an unarmed, law abiding high school student and it be good clean fun. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirirt of the law won't allow this.

You may want to start a separate thread for this statement.
How can you say the witness has no basis for that statement. That is an excerpt from the person's statement to the police.

 

Because she is trying to insert his state of mind in to her statement. No way she has a basis for that. Even a trained psychiatrist would need to sit down and talk to him, maybe multiple times, and perhaps couldn't discern his state of mind. How in the heck could she? The statement will not even be allowed into the records.

Only punks need a gun in a fist fight. Anyone walking around with a concealed weapon, legally or otherwise is a punk. If Zimmerman didn't intend to kill the boy, then why follow him. The killing was avoidable.

The witness heard the commotion. She was there. Many witnesses heard the commotion before the scuffle and fight. The fact remains, you can't kill an unarmed, law abiding high school student and it be good clean fun. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirirt of the law won't allow this.

Are serious? Because a person chooses to legally carry a gun they're a punk? PP82, is this of that "white guy not understanding what the black guy is saying" racial divide stuff?
Are serious? Because a person chooses to legally carry a gun they're a punk? PP82, is this of that "white guy not understanding what the black guy is saying" racial divide stuff?

Has nothing to do with a racial divide. It is simply my perspective. I own guns, but I never leave the house with them. They are for an intruder.

Point is, I was raised in an era of good hand speed, accurate and timely punching, hooking off and doubling up your jab, slip skills and good defense. Has nothing to do with race. I like the hands I was raised on. If someone shoots me and kills me, so be it. I hope they burn where they are supposed to burn. I was always taught nothing good ever comes out of owning a gun. As I said, I own two 9 mm. I only have them in my house, nobody has ever seen them. I would prefer to sell them. I'm not a gun guy. Sorry, champ.

Has nothing to do with a racial divide. It is simply my perspective. I own guns, but I never leave the house with them. They are for an intruder.

Point is, I was raised in an era of good hand speed, accurate and timely punching, hooking off and doubling up your jab, slip skills and good defense. Has nothing to do with race. I like the hands I was raised on. If someone shoots me and kills me, so be it. I hope they burn where they are supposed to burn. I was always taught nothing good ever comes out of owning a gun. As I said, I own two 9 mm. I only have them in my house, nobody has ever seen them. I would prefer to sell them. I'm not a gun guy. Sorry, champ.

That's fine if that is your position but to make the blanket statement that anyone that carries legally is a punk is moronic. You realize you called a good number of members here punks.

 

Is it bad that I am excited for this trial like a season ending episode of CSI:Miami?

 

No it's bad that you admitted you look forward to episodes of CSI: Miami. :lol:

 

Only punks need a gun in a fist fight. Anyone walking around with a concealed weapon, legally or otherwise is a punk. If Zimmerman didn't intend to kill the boy, then why follow him. The killing was avoidable.

The witness heard the commotion. She was there. Many witnesses heard the commotion before the scuffle and fight. The fact remains, you can't kill an unarmed, law abiding high school student and it be good clean fun. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirirt of the law won't allow this.

 

I guess I'm a punk. I carry all the time.

 

And your opinions on this matter are so clouded by your emotion that it's no longer funny. Many things are avoidable. The fact that it was avoidable doesn't make Zimmerman a murderer. And it can still be a justified shooting even if Martin was unarmed and 17 years old.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.