Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight (shaking my head)

Featured Replies

What are those records for?

 

I would say it is against the teams remaining.

 

Florida x 3

UNC

UL

Kansas

IU (loss)

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are those records for?

 

 

I'm sorry. Sluggish morning. It's the record of each of the Sweet 16 vs. the others in the Sweet 16

Can we put this ridiculousness to bed now?

Can we put this ridiculousness to bed now?

 

It will be...but probably not til midnight on Friday haha!

Some interesting things that popped out to me were:

 

1) Knight says it's unlikely that "revenge" is a motivation in this game for UK. Yet Knight's worse loss (in terms of most hurt) was to a KY team that had revenge fully on their minds in 1975. Revenge (and Scott May's injury) played a HUGE role in that Wildcat win.

 

2) The weakness of the SEC. In many ways I agree with this. However, based on the Sweet 16 the following have teams still in the field:

 

Big Ten: 4 Teams

Big East: 4 Teams

Big 12: 2 Teams

ACC: 2 Teams

SEC: 2 Teams

 

 

Based on the number that each placed in the tourney, the SEC is much weaker than the top two but they aren't too far off it seems from the ACC or Big 12 this year.

Can't really disagree with the notion of a weak SEC. However I saw this list and thought that overall, it shoots some holes in Mr. Knight's theory about schedules and competition.

 

I can disagree pretty easily.

 

Conference RPI:

1) Big Ten (.5765)

2) Big East (.5674)

3) Big 12 (.5648)

-) SEC (.5648)

5) Mountain West (.5635)

6) ACC (.5552)

 

So the SEC is tied with the Big12 (and has a better conference SOS), and significantly better than the ACC. Sounds like UNC is that one that should be worried about their weak conference schedule.

I hope Miss St or South carolina hires Knight as their coach...wishful thinking I know.

I hope Miss St or South carolina hires Knight as their coach...wishful thinking I know.

 

I'm betting he doesn't coach again which makes most people happy. :confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.