Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your most painful NCAA Tournament memory

Featured Replies

2010. PPat is my favorite player of all time and that one just hurt.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Several of the above and I have to add the 1983 final four when the CATS went cold in the 2nd half and lost to Georgetown and thug Michael Graham

That was 1984.They lost to Louisville in 1983 in Knoxville.

Two of them:

 

1. 1977. I was younger so it hurt more. Losing to UNC and I knew that UK was the best team in the country in my teenage mind. Watching that 4 corners for 15 game minutes because the Cats had cut something like a 15 point lead to 5 in the first five minutes of the second half. Brutal. But it make the '78 team seriously focused.

 

2. 1984. I think the 2nd half egg was just crazy. Georgetown was sick defensively but UK missed so many open looks. If it had been that way all game I could have handled it better but UK was on the verge of blowing them away with that 12 point lead late in the first half. Ewing had 3 fouls. Then they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat in the ocean.

 

Those really were the 2 toughest. Dream Game 1 and '92 game with Duke I felt UK gave their best effort and they lost to the more talented team. '93 bothered me with what if: 1) Mash didn't commit that stupid 5th foul, 2) Dale Brown had not dived for the loose ball and knocked his shoulder out with about 5 minutes or less to go.

 

UNC '95 was disgusting but we just fell apart. '05 with Michigan State hurt more cause I thought Sparks was fouled on the 3 pointer and assumed for a minute that we were going to the line to win it with no time.

 

'97 hurt cause it was a title game but that was a GREAT game between two teams that wouldn't back down and to be honest with all the injuries I felt it was a miracle UK was there.

Another bad one was that Michigan STate game after having the incredible high of Patrick Sparks hitting his 3-pointer...only to lose in OT.

I was really disappointed in 1995 when they lost to UNC in the Regional Final.

2009 - It was miserable. Not even making the tournament was painful beyond even "The Shot".

2009 - It was miserable. Not even making the tournament was painful beyond even "The Shot".

 

 

 

But I was SOOOOOOOOO Ready for that season to be over.

But I was SOOOOOOOOO Ready for that season to be over.
I agree with that. To me that was the final shot which said, "yep, you have sunk that low".
  • Author
1993 vs. Michigan

 

2 words:

 

Gimel. Martinez.

Jim LeMaster hits the shot that sends the 1983 Mid-East Region into overtime, then UofL blows the Cats out in OT.

 

Wesley Cox missing the free throw that would have beaten UCLA in 1975 and set up a National Championship game between Louisville and Kentucky.

Jay Williams bricking a 4 point play. Boozer gets tackled. Duke fans know...

Jim LeMaster hits the shot that sends the 1983 Mid-East Region into overtime, then UofL blows the Cats out in OT.

 

Wesley Cox missing the free throw that would have beaten UCLA in 1975 and set up a National Championship game between Louisville and Kentucky.

 

Don't you mean Terry Howard? He was perfect for the season but missed 2.

I can handle UK losses deep in the tourney. Losing to UAB in 1981(?) in the first round was extremely disappointing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.