March 16, 201214 yr I would say probably the 97 game against Arizona but the loss to Michigan St with sparks hitting the 3 to send it to OT was also very hard to take. And lastly UK losing to Marquette when they had D Wade, that one cut deep; Keith Bogans was one of my favorite UK players all time hated seeing it all come to an end like that.
March 16, 201214 yr Jim LeMaster hits the shot that sends the 1983 Mid-East Region into overtime, then UofL blows the Cats out in OT. Wesley Cox missing the free throw that would have beaten UCLA in 1975 and set up a National Championship game between Louisville and Kentucky. Don't you mean Jim Master? Mr. Indiana Basketball from 1980.
March 16, 201214 yr Don't you mean Jim Master? Mr. Indiana Basketball from 1980. You are correct. I don't know why, but I keep making that mistake with his name and have been corrected several times. At least you know I was going from memory and not doing a Google search. I will tell you that it was a brilliantly sunny day, that Saturday, in Largo, Florida and a group of us were having a watch party at my apartment in the Laguna Vista Apt. Complex on Belcher Road. Don't you mean Terry Howard? He was perfect for the season but missed 2. I'm not talking about the overtime. If memory serves me correct, Cox had an opportunity to seal the game at the end of regulation and missed. Again, this is from memory and I was 16 at the time, so we're talking 37 years ago. You know how most people can tell you where they were and what they were doing when important events happened (the Challenger accident, the assassination of President Kennedy, 911), like most of us on here, I can tell you the same for almost every "important" event in the history of Kentucky basketball after 1967. Sounds like a topic for a thread.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.