March 14, 201214 yr Author This might have cost Sean Woods a chance to move up the coaching ladder this season.
March 14, 201214 yr 22-4 run in under 5 minutes to win the game. Regardless of play-in game or not, this was one of the greatest comebacks in tournament history. Agree. Had to be for WKU, and all the Ky boys on the team. What a comeback and win. Congrats Toppers!!!!!!
March 14, 201214 yr I am glad I get to watch Derrick Gordon play against his HS teammate MKG. Really liked Gordon's game from "Prayer for a Perfect Season". Accidentally stumbled on Gordon prior to his junior year at a back gym in Pittsburgh and loved his game. My partner talked to him afterwords to see what was up with his recruitment and basically broke the story that he was going to end up at WKU. When he said it we were both like are you kidding me. Kept up with him ever since, and really happy to see him doing well. Great kid...
March 14, 201214 yr I turned on repeats of Storage Wars at the 4:52 mark when they scored to go up 16. Wow....I missed a great comeback. Way to go Hilltoppers but you have just set a date with the devil. UK will be hungry to show you who rules the state.
March 14, 201214 yr Accidentally stumbled on Gordon prior to his junior year at a back gym in Pittsburgh and loved his game. My partner talked to him afterwords to see what was up with his recruitment and basically broke the story that he was going to end up at WKU. When he said it we were both like are you kidding me. Kept up with him ever since, and really happy to see him doing well. Great kid... Is this the kid with the crazy vertical leap?
March 14, 201214 yr Is this the kid with the crazy vertical leap? No the PG #5. He played high school with MKG and they are best friends...
March 14, 201214 yr Same here.But I had to pull for my hometown boys...:thumb: Yeah, my only interest in MVSU was Woods. I really wanted him to win, but it's hard to go against WKU too. This might have cost Sean Woods a chance to move up the coaching ladder this season. I'd hate it if it did keep him from moving up, if he so desires that. Woods has done an excellent job turning that program around.
March 14, 201214 yr Gordon almost killed the Toppers for the second game in a row. He missed four freebies in a row then committed two turnovers. A complete meltdown by MVS, it was like they were trying to lose the game. I've now seen two comebacks like this in a two week span, the other being the SK/Gallatin game.
March 14, 201214 yr WKU Coach Ray Harper on UK game: "We need to get ahead on the tip, then have the shot clock break and hold the ball the rest of the game"”
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.