March 13, 201214 yr Like others have said, you people saying the south is the toughest region...convince us. You're not even putting up a fight. Your debate is because other people said so. I've said that the south has the weakest 2, 3 and 4 seeds and no one has disagreed....
March 13, 201214 yr Because they MIGHT face a big name program in the round of 32, 16 and 8. Never mind the fact that none of those teams are even close to UK in terms of talent or performance this year. Or that odds are decent they won't face any of the 3 teams people are whining about. So there's that... 1) Isn't a region made tough by the teams you MIGHT play? If not, you're saying its only tough if your first round opponent is hard. Stupid argument. 2) Just because UK is still better than those teams, doesn't mean they're not in the toughest bracket. Again, stupid argument. 3) This thread was started by a LOUISVILLE fan. C'mon guys. Step it up. And AGAIN, I'm not arguing its the toughest draw. I HAVE heard several neutral observers say it IS.
March 13, 201214 yr Would you rather UK face Kansas or Duke? Marquette or Baylor? Louisville or Indiana? Vandy or Wichita St? UNLV or Cincinnati? I know my answers to those questions...
March 13, 201214 yr I think those who think the South need to turn in their basketball fandom cards. Of the 2 seeds, Duke is far and away the best matchup for UK. Of the 3 seeds, Baylor is far and away the most undisciplined, up & down, unprepared, and worst coached team. Of the 4 seeds, IU is without a key contributors, can't win away from home, and played the game of their lives and still needed a buzzer beating 3 at Assembly to knock of the Cats. Louisville - better, Wisconsin - MUCH BETTER, Michigan - tied for the Big Ten title. UConn is a tough team, of course, they're probably already preparing for the round of 32 matchup with the Cats, forgetting that the Cyclones are most likely going to shoot them out of the gym Thursday night. Either way, you're crazy if you think that's the toughest matchup for a #1 seed. Memphis is going to truck Sparty with the way their playing. Kentucky is likely to run into 1 of the 4 teams that "scare" UK fans if that. Tough road, let me tell ya.
March 13, 201214 yr I guess most UK fans on here were thinking the committee should have thrown them Notre Dame as the 2 seed, Gonzaga as the 3, Xavier the 4, and Belmont in the 8-9 game? Would that have appeased the crazies? Actually I'm sure they would've found something to complain about there too.
March 13, 201214 yr 1) Isn't a region made tough by the teams you MIGHT play? If not, you're saying its only tough if your first round opponent is hard. Stupid argument. 2) Just because UK is still better than those teams, doesn't mean they're not in the toughest bracket. Again, stupid argument. 3) This thread was started by a LOUISVILLE fan. C'mon guys. Step it up. And AGAIN, I'm not arguing its the toughest draw. I HAVE heard several neutral observers say it IS. 1) A region is made tough by being tough when several variables play out. Find a team outside the three big names and Baylor that play UK within 20? Every region is tough at the 1-4 seeds. UK got the weakest 2, a talented but soft 3 and a 4 that has done very little outside of their home gym. Let's be real. What has people whining is maybe having to face UConn. Valid argument 2) Weakest 2 seed Duke. I would have Baylor as the #2 seed on the 3 line and the team that is actually a threat to UK if they meet. The actual toughest part of the draw no one is talking about. UK would smash IU this time around. Valid argument 3) And? And AGAIN. Take a stance or who cares what you have to say. Neutral observers being lazy and going off names alone is actually a stupid argument by them...
March 13, 201214 yr I was disappointed when I saw UCONN show up as the potential 2nd round matchup. But, there is a reason UCONN is an 8 seed. Two years ago Kentucky had a potential 2nd round matchup with Texas (who was preseason #1...or at least top 5) and Texas lost to Wake. I can't help but think that Iowa State will beat UCONN. For comparison's sake, a #1 seed will also have to play Memphis in the 2nd round. Overall, I am VERY pleased with Kentucky's draw. It's the NCAA tournament, so there are going to be difficult games regardless of what region you're in. That's what makes March so great.
March 13, 201214 yr The one thing that scares me about UCONN is they have some NBA talent, including Andre Drummond. All year I have thought that Kentucky could be susceptible against a good, strong, big man. Drummond has been up & down a bit, but he has the type of body that could give Davis some problems.
March 13, 201214 yr I'm happy with our road to the Final Four and I'm a huge UK fan. I'd think one of the biggest on this board, but I also think I'm one of the more reasonable. I'm not thrilled about the idea of playing UConn in the second round. But at the end of the day, if we can't beat UConn in Louisville (UK fans will make up 90% of the stadium) we don't deserve anything special this year. In fact, I'm glad we have a team that we will have to come out and have a "dogfight" with rather than a team we might take for granted and get embarassed. And that's all assuming they get passed Iowa State, because like UKMF and ColonelCrazy, I'm not sure they will.
March 13, 201214 yr Random thoughts... Who cares about draws? It never really works out the way we/anyone else thinks it will. UK is the favorite. Maybe they should be. I, for one, still thin they haven't proved to be the very best in the land. We all know that the BEST team doesn't always win. I stopped doing brackets because of all the uncertainty. If UK wins, I'll hate it, but salute them. I love this time of year. You can't gauge the effort of young men, in a one and done (no UK pun) scenario.......let's enjoy!
March 13, 201214 yr 1) A region is made tough by being tough when several variables play out. Find a team outside the three big names and Baylor that play UK within 20? Every region is tough at the 1-4 seeds. UK got the weakest 2, a talented but soft 3 and a 4 that has done very little outside of their home gym. Let's be real. What has people whining is maybe having to face UConn. Valid argument 2) Weakest 2 seed Duke. I would have Baylor as the #2 seed on the 3 line and the team that is actually a threat to UK if they meet. The actual toughest part of the draw no one is talking about. UK would smash IU this time around. Valid argument 3) And? And AGAIN. Take a stance or who cares what you have to say. Neutral observers being lazy and going off names alone is actually a stupid argument by them... 1) Quit trying to argue the region isn't hard because UK can beat all the teams. How good UK is doesn't affect how good the other teams in the region are. 2) I agree. Duke probably scares me less than the other 2 seeds. 3) As soon as UK fans complain, the anti-UK police show up in force claiming UK fans are stupid and crazy. Well if all the UK fans are crazy, so are a ton of neutral observers. And I really don't have to give my opinions to call people out for making silly arguments, but if you're dying to know... I don't mind the draw (and I've said it before), but there are teams I don't like. UConn is the obvious one. I'd much rather have Saint Louis or Southern Miss in that spot. And I'm not a big fan of Wichita St and VCU both being there. Other than those, I don't mind it at all. Especially since they did protect UK and put them in Atlanta instead of St Louis.
March 13, 201214 yr I've heard more Ohio State and UC fans claiming the tough road for Kentucky than Wildcat fans.
March 13, 201214 yr Would you rather UK face Kansas or Duke? Marquette or Baylor? Louisville or Indiana? Vandy or Wichita St? UNLV or Cincinnati? I know my answers to those questions... And there you have it. :thumb:
March 13, 201214 yr Would you rather UK face Kansas or Duke? Marquette or Baylor? Louisville or Indiana? Vandy or Wichita St? UNLV or Cincinnati? I know my answers to those questions... I'd rather play Marquette than Baylor. Other than that, I'm with you.
March 13, 201214 yr Love UK's path to New Orleans. Relish the thought of playing UCONN. I think UK will dismantle UCONN. Also hoping IU is waiting in Atlanta. Both are on my top all time dislike list. Is it Thursday yet?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.