Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Got Hosed

Featured Replies

  • Replies 138
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, I never thought I would see a UK fan state that they would be worried about a rematch with Louisville. :sssh:

 

 

Despite what others may think, Rick Pitino is still a great basketball coach. UofL has talent. I love Behanan's game, and Dieng proved in the 1st game he is a huge force in the middle. I've said it for a long time now. I really believe the Cards can make a big run in this tournament.

No love for a dangerous witchita State squad?

 

Or VCU, Wichita's first round opponent. If I had to come up with a list of five "under the radar" teams I didn't want UK to play, I'd have had both of them on that list. Kansas State, Connecticut, & Long Beach would have been the other three.

You sure do. Are you going to claim you wouldn't prefer these four:

 

1) ANY other 16 seed matchup.

2) Creighton, St Louis, or Southern Miss

3) Michigan or Louisville

4) Kansas

 

I would. I make those replacements in a heartbeat. So would Cal.

 

I think the toughest #1 draw was easily Syracuse. Easiest went to UNC in my opinion. To answer your question, I just don't think it's a good idea to say who someone would prefer to play. UConn is a tough draw -- I'll give you that, and I addressed that fact in another thread. I'm just saying that UK is going to have to play someone, so why not some teams that they can get some revenge and realize their vulnerability against and perhaps play harder? They know what they're getting against any matchup they have in the bracket.

 

Truth is, we won't know until teams go out and play 40 minutes.

I think UK has to "bring it" with any of the teams. They are a team that can inspire teams to "play up", and they certainly showed some vulnerability in the SEC tournament. Although the made it to the final, they didn't play that well in any game, IMO. If the UK team comes in complacent, or takes any of these teams for granted, and the other team is "playing up", it could definitely spell some trouble for the Cats.

I think UK has to "bring it" with any of the teams. They are a team that can inspire teams to "play up", and they certainly showed some vulnerability in the SEC tournament. Although the made it to the final, they didn't play that well in any game, IMO. If the UK team comes in complacent, or takes any of these teams for granted, and the other team is "playing up", it could definitely spell some trouble for the Cats.

 

 

I agree, and hopefully this weekend showed them that they just can't show up, and win. I honestly can't see UK losing in the 1st round, (yes I know it's technically the 2nd round now) but after that, every other team is fully capable of sending the Cats home early.

I think UK has to "bring it" with any of the teams. They are a team that can inspire teams to "play up", and they certainly showed some vulnerability in the SEC tournament. Although the made it to the final, they didn't play that well in any game, IMO. If the UK team comes in complacent, or takes any of these teams for granted, and the other team is "playing up", it could definitely spell some trouble for the Cats.

 

Very much true.

Now people are complaining that UK MIGHT have to play a team that's 15-18?

 

Get a grip...

You just know that UConn group has already looked past Iowa State and is counting on playing UK. Recipe for a thanks for showing up card on the flight back to Stoors...

Looks like the 18% are Louisville fans! :lol:

 

Could the draw be better? Sure (particularly early), but IU and Duke don't worry me more than anyone else they'd have to play at those points.

Now people are complaining that UK MIGHT have to play a team that's 15-18?

 

Get a grip...

 

To be fair, WKU has won 7 of their last 8.

As I said earlier, the NCAA does no favors for UK, it is obvious they always try to Stick it to us.

 

How can Duke always be put in our bracket.

 

UConn has two of the top five players in 2012 draft.

 

ESPN also said the South is the toughest region.

This is the NCAA tournament, this is the best of the best. You should never look past anyone or play down to anyone. When you do, upsets happen. Nothing is easy in this tournament.

As I said earlier, the NCAA does no favors for UK, it is obvious they always try to Stick it to us.

 

How can Duke always be put in our bracket.

 

UConn has two of the top five players in 2012 draft.

 

ESPN also said the South is the toughest region.

 

:cry:

Plus UConn almost beat Syracuse, tell me any better 8 seeded team

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.